You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Help us reach every teen, restore every parish, and reclaim the culture. Join us today!
Summit reflection video for The First Sunday in Advent with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Chula Vista, CA
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate the EDGE middle school youth ministry program.
• Coordinate the LIFE TEEN high school youth ministry program.
• Coordinate the youth Confirmation preparation program.
• Recruit, equip and empower volunteers for the respective core teams: adults (25+), College (18-24), high school
(9th-12th) and middle school (6th-8th).
• Engage youth in the life of the parish through active participation in liturgical celebrations, October Fest, Parish Fiesta, posada, simbang gabi, Fish Fry-Days, Soup Kitchen, etc.
• Coordinate youth events, socials, stewardship service projects, pilgrimages i.e. WYD
• Coordinate retreats, social events, service projects, mission trips and fundraising.
• Provide timely communication to parents, volunteers and staff.
• Promote ministry programs, activities and opportunities in a timely manner.
• Maintain full compliance with Diocesan Safe Environment requirements at all times.
• Provide input on budgeting, scheduling, policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
• An active, deep faith and a sound understanding of the official teachings of the Catholic Church with fidelity to these teachings.
• Full participation in the communal worship and life of the Church.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills – e.g. collaborating, knowledge-sharing, negotiating, open-minded, flexible, problem-solving and team-building.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Competent administrative skills and proficient with computers.
• Meets or exceeds the diocesan standards for Catechetical ministry.
• A working knowledge of Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in the job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Saint Pius X reserves the right to revise this job description at any time to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its operation and/or the work environment change.
Saint Pius X Parish, with Jesus Christ as its foundation, is a Catholic community that continually strives in all parish activity to serve the spiritual needs of its parishioners. We commit, by the grace of our Lord, to be a people of God who gather in worship and prayer to become more Christ-centered in our lives and actions. In union with the Holy Father and Universal Church, our parish family seeks to live the stewardship way of life, sharing our gifts of Time, Talent, and Treasure for the glory of God. It is our mission “to restore all things in Christ,” proclaiming and sharing the Good News of our Saviour through our liturgies and our ministries.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Bill Smirniotis at: email@example.com