You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for Easter Sunday in Lent with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Life Teen’s Catholic Youth Ministry Convention has become America’s premier event for everyone involved in parish youth ministry. Why? Maybe it’s because we are different. We believe in practical, comprehensive youth ministry training. But we don’t think that’s enough. That’s why we incorporate elements of a spiritual retreat into the training convention. Because youth ministry isn’t about what you know, it’s Who you know.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Long Beach, MS
St. Thomas the Apostle is seeking a dynamic, faith-filled and qualified individual to continue the development and implementation of a comprehensive ministry that engages our youth. The Director of Youth Ministry for St. Thomas the Apostle parish is a full-time position.
• Develop and maintain catechetical program using Life Teen resources and other supplemental programming.
• Work with, recruit and train adult core members to assist in the implementation of Life Nights and/or Edge Nights.
• Develop/Implement a Confirmation sacramental preparation program.
• Arrange for a variety of activities, both at the church and away, and work to attract youth to the Church and hold their interest. These include weekly Life/Edge Nights, Life Teen Mass, retreats, Bible studies, mission trips, etc.
• Establish relationships with teens outside of weekly Life Nights (lunch at local schools, Bible studies, student leadership groups, etc).
• Plan and execute enriching summer trips (Life Teen Camps, Steubenville, training, etc).
• Provide opportunities for weekend retreats at least once a year for both middle and high school students.
• Prepare an annual youth ministry budget at the start of each new fiscal year and maintain/follow the budget throughout the year.
• Maintain documents such as brochures, flyers, permission slips, and Safe Environment documentation.
• Plan and organize fundraising opportunities throughout the year to offset program expenses and youth expenses for conferences, retreats, etc.
• Utilize effective communications via email, website, bulletin, social media, etc.
• Be available for possible extra liturgies and events over the course of the year, including but not limited to Christmas, Holy Week, and Easter at the discretion of the Pastor.
The Youth Minister must be living in full, sacramental communion with the Catholic Church. This person should be working towards or possess advanced level religious certification from the Diocese OR a degree in Youth Ministry or Religious Education. Experience in youth ministry is preferred. Experience with Life Teen and Edge programs is also preferred. This person must be competent in visioning, applying age appropriate methods and basic program development as well as exhibit skills in interpersonal communication, collaborative ministry and public speaking.
St. Thomas the Apostle is a parish with approximately 1000 families and is situated on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico in the wonderful city of Long Beach, Mississippi. St. Thomas is a parish that has deep roots in the history of the city of Long Beach and our beautiful church is a beacon of hope overlooking the sandy beaches of the Mississippi Sound. Through our youth ministry program, generations of young people have been formed into faithful adult Catholics. Many of these former youth ministry students are now faith-filled adults that continue to serve their parish.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to Mrs. Lisa Starita at LStarita1021@gmail.com or mail to Attn: Mr. Ray Lacy, Diocese of Biloxi, Office of Youth Ministry, 1790 Popps Ferry Rd. Biloxi, MS 39532. If you have any questions, please contact Ray Lacy at 228-702-2141.
Deadline to Apply is Friday, May 14th!