You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 20th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Chika Anyanwu.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Canonsburg/Meadow Lands/Cecil, PA
The Youth Minister oversees recruiting and leading a dynamic team of volunteer leaders to serve the program. The ideal candidate will have experience working with high school and middle school students and be able to engage different age groups in regular gatherings, service projects, retreats and teams. The Youth Minister is also the Coordinator of the Sacrament of Confirmation. He/She will coordinate the Confirmation preparation process, facilitate the preparation sessions, work with candidates, parents and sponsors to complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, and communicate with the Diocese to prepare the Confirmation Mass. The Youth Minister is responsible for completing all administrative tasks related to the ministry including fundraising efforts, budgeting, and semester planning. The person in this position will also oversee the development of the EDGE Middle School Religious Education program. The youth Minister will report to the Pastor/Administrator.
• A relationship with Jesus and the Church that is active, personal, and obvious.
• Knowledge of the Catholic faith including familiarity with scriptures and church teaching and the ability to share it with others in a joyful, pastoral and relevant way.
• The ability to build relationships with, minister to and be a role model for middle and high school students. Candidates with demonstrated experience in ministry at other parishes, as missionaries, or at internships are preferred.
• Leadership qualities capable of growing the program, directing a team of volunteer leaders, and asserting the value and integral importance of the parish youth ministry program.
• The ability to communication well, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills; the YM must be able to handle several tasks effectively, efficiently and simultaneously.
• The ability to work independently while also being able to take the initiative to reach out to, collaborate with, and build relationships with other staff members, volunteers, parents, teen mentors, the parish school community and others.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
• We have an established and growing youth program and we are dedicated to helping the new Youth Minister transition successfully into this program. Our goal is to have both Youth Ministers on staff together for a couple of weeks for hands on training, to get to know our community, and to ensure a smooth transition.
• Coordinate planning and performance of Christmas Pastorela Play and Easter Passion Play;
• Lead annual summer mission trip. Duties shall include managing application process, recruiting and training missionaries and chaperones, fundraising, and organizing travel plans;
• Liaise with office staff to ensure room requests, schedule, announcements, and other ministry needs;
• Attend monthly staff meetings and any other meetings required by Pastoral Team and Diocese of Pittsburgh;
• Organize participation in Diocesan events such as St. Timothy Awards, CYO Sports, Youth Cruise, Silver Ring Thing, XLT, etc.;
• Develop strategies for program enhancement and extension of mission beyond the Church and into the surrounding community.
Preferred Professional Requirements and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in education, social services, theology, or related field (Master’s degree/Certification in Theology, Pastoral Studies, or Church Ministry a plus), and/or three (3) years of experience with youth in an education or extra-curricular capacity.
• The Youth Minister will serve our bilingual (English/Spanish) community and being able to speak Spanish a definite plus.
• Basic computer skills are a necessity (G-Suite, Office, updating Website).
Please see our website for more information: www.hrmmsp.org
Interested candidates should apply to Rev. Carmen D’Amico, Administrator.
By mail: St. Patrick Parish, 317 W. Pike St., Canonsburg, PA 15317
by email: email@example.com
Submission deadline is September 16, 2019.