You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 29th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Lauren McParlane.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Georgetown, TX
The Youth Minister is responsible for the evangelization and formation of students as joyful disciples and their integration into the parish life. Coordinate Middle School events that inspire and motivate students to participate in the life of the parish. Research, develop, and propose a comprehensive curriculum for middle students to grow in the Catholic faith and in community. Ensure compliance of the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry policies for youth, and volunteers. Spend 30 minutes in the Eucharistic Adoration chapel every workday.
The Pastor is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the Parish (St. Helen Catholic Church – Georgetown, Texas) which the Bishop has entrusted to him. He makes Christ’s mission present and enduring in the parish. In order to fulfill his mission, the Pastor employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them his mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed at St. Helen Catholic Church – Georgetown, Texas help to extend the ministry of the Pastor in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Pastor in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
As an integral part of your ministry for the Church as carried out in the position, support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic ministry and the mission of St. Helen Catholic Church in both your professional and personal life.
Act as a witness of Gospel value by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church. Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, trainings sessions, and reflection activities as directed.
The Youth Minister is responsible for the evangelization and formation of students as joyful disciples and their integration into the parish life. The position reports to the Faith Formation Coordinator and operates under some supervision with latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
• Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic ministry and the mission of St. Helen Catholic Church in both your professional and personal life. Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church. Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities as directed.
• Provide, in a pleasant and professional manner, a hospitable welcome to all staff, volunteers, visitors, and callers, in order to create a welcoming, open, and helpful atmosphere.
• Coordinate Middle School events that inspire and motivate students to participate in the life of the parish.
• Research, develop, and propose a comprehensive curriculum for middle students to grow in the Catholic faith and in community (i.e. off site and overnight retreats).
• Prepare and coordinate sacramental process for middle school students (baptism confirmation and communion).
• Recruit, train, and manage volunteers in Youth ministry.
• Communicate to parish, parents, teens, and volunteers through verbal, electronic, and written communication.
• Ensure Diocesan policy is followed and executed in all areas of Youth ministry especially as applies to EIM and CTPY.
• Spend every workday 30 minutes in the Eucharistic Adoration chapel.
• Maintain a work schedule and full time attendance according to established Parish business hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Roman Catholic teachings, parish and diocesan structure.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural parish serving various cultures and a wide range of age groups.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, and laity.
• Ability to build authentic relationships with teens rooted in Christ.
• Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to carry out multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and implement creative solutions.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
• Ability to proficiently communicate in English (writing, reading and conversing).
Education and Trainings:
• Bachelor Degree in Theology, Religious Education, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field of study from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country.
• Two (2) years of experience in a parish is required.
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.
St. Helen’s is a welcoming, beautiful and vibrant community of over 3,000 families. As a Eucharistic community, St. Helen’s is grounded in prayer, study, sacraments, fellowship and service. Our mission is to form joyful disciples who know, love and serve Jesus Christ.
Please submit an online application https://sainthelens.applicantpro.com/jobs/ At St. Helen we only accept online applications.