You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Washington, MO
Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Francis Borgia parishes in Washington, Missouri are looking to collaborate on a youth ministry program together. The City of Washington does not currently have a youth ministry program, but the pastors and parishioners of both parishes are seeking an experienced youth minister to create a youth program from the ground up. This full-time position undertakes the challenge of creating, organizing, and coordinating the youth ministry activities in the area and will require former experience of successful youth ministry programs and a vision for leading teens to Christ. Collaboration will be expected with a variety of staff and parishioners at both parishes.
– Be an active, committed, faith filled Roman Catholic with a regular habit of personal prayer
– Possess a solid understanding of the Catholic Faith and adhere to all the teachings of the Catholic Church
– Be able to teach and share the Catholic Faith
– Have significant leadership experience as a youth minister
– Possess strong organizational skills
– Have the skills needed to manage a budget
Administrative and Leadership Responsibilities
– Collaborate with the youth, parents, pastors, associate pastors, and parish staffs to begin and maintain a youth ministry program
– Collaborate with the Archdiocesan Youth Office to maintain an awareness of Archdiocesan resources, programs, and guidelines
– Coordinate and promote the Youth Ministry Program as part of the Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Francis Borgia parish families
– Recruit and train volunteers to assist the youth ministry program
– Participate in professional development and continuing education programs
– Maintain an ongoing knowledge of trends and resources in youth ministry
– Part of the responsibility of the youth minister will be to create regular programs for the youth of the area. These include, but are not restricted to:
• Bi-weekly youth events – one hosted at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish and one hosted at St. Francis Borgia Parish
• Plan and execute at least one annual retreat
• Promote and chaperone an annual trip to Springfield Missouri, for the Steubenville Youth Conference
• Promote and chaperone an annual trip to Washington DC for the March for Life (with Generation Life)
• A youth Mass at one or both parishes
– The youth minister will need to be accessible during the week to provide opportunities and appropriate settings for the youth to come for discussion of current events and/or personal crises. Including, but not limited to:
• Regular office hours
• Visiting middle schoolers at Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Francis Borgia
• Visiting students at St. Francis Borgia Regional High School
• Visiting students at Washington High School
• Attending extracurricular events and activities of the youth of each parish when possible
– Establish and maintain regular communication with both parishes regarding the youth ministry program:
– Regularly meet with pastoral leadership
– Regularly attend staff meetings at both parishes
– Attending parish council meetings at both parishes as necessary
– Maintain close contact with students, parents, administrators, and campus ministers of area high schools
– Establish and maintain regular and appropriate communications with high school students and middle school youth, utilizing various means of communication
– Prepare, develop, and manage an annual budget
– Account for all youth ministry expenses
– Organize and manage fundraising while researching the availability of and apply for appropriate donations and grants in support of the youth ministry program
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish and St. Francis Borgia Parish serve the needs of the people of the City of Washington and together care for the Sacramental needs of 2,400 families. Both parishes have K-8th grade schools with a combined enrollment of approximately 550 students. Both parishes have a PSR enrollment of approximately 150 students. Within the City of Washington, St. Francis Borgia Regional High School (an Archdiocesan School) also serves the students of the City of Washington and currently has an enrollment of approximately 450 students.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to Fr. Jim Theby at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
Attn: Fr. Jim Theby
1014 Madison Ave.
Washington, MO 63090