You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Empower Core Member Trainings are back! We want to equip youth ministers and core members with the tools and techniques that their ministry needs to not just survive, but to thrive. With a focus on team building along with practical training for the current youth ministry landscape, these trainings are designed to set you up for success.
We’ve crafted an entire weekend with the sole focus of helping you start solid youth ministry in your parish! We’ll be walking through the essential components for launching or revitalizing youth ministry. You can expect to receive a systematic, comprehensive introduction to quality youth ministry along with the practical steps to make it happen. And, because youth ministry flows to and from the sacraments, this training won't just be about the logistics of ministry, but will also provide you an opportunity to renew your own relationship with Christ.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Check out our featured products now!
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Lakewood, OH
The Church of St. Luke the Evangelist in Lakewood, Ohio, in the Diocese of Cleveland, is seeking a full time Music Director to be part of a vibrant, on fire, and youthful parish. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, organization, implementation and continual evaluation of vibrant parish celebrations of Mass and other liturgical rituals and events. The hired person will work closely with the Pastor and the rest of the pastoral staff to support the needs of parish families and to lead them ever deeper into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree or above and a minimum of three years of experience in parish musical ministry.
Minimum – Successful experience with parish music ministry.
1. The candidate must be an active and practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church.
2. On fire for leading others into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
3. A vibrant and inviting person with a personal and communal faith expression.
4. Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and parish staff.
5. The ability to work well independently as well as with others.
6. A self-starter with a high level initiative, judgement and discretion.
7. A respect for the dignity and sanctity of each person they encounter.
8. Ability to work effectively with people of all ages.
9. Accomplished in organ, piano and voice. Improvisational skills a must.
10. Comfortable in a variety of appropriate liturgical styles such Gregorian chant, Catholic hymnody, and praise and worship music.
1. Providing strong organ, piano and vocal skills, keyboard accompaniment of the congregation, choir, and cantors for all liturgical and designated para-liturgical ceremonies, including especially the one Saturday evening vigil Mass and two Sunday morning Masses each weekend, as well as scheduled Masses on holy days and special feasts, and sacramental celebrations such as reconciliation services, first communions, and confirmation.
2. Music director has responsibility for the selection, preparation, and teaching of all music to be used during liturgical celebrations; responsibility for the preparation of the music operating budget of the Parish, and for accounting accurately for all expenses and expenditures made for the implementation of musical service for the Parish.
3. Participation in parish staff meetings and an annual evening of formation for liturgical ministers.
4. Providing appropriate music for funerals and weddings. Education of those to be married concerning appropriate use of music in the wedding liturgy and meeting with couples to plan the music portion of their wedding ceremony according to the norms of the Catholic Church and the policies of St. Luke Parish. Providing assistance to visiting singers and instrumentalists.
5. The selection of suitable music and the conduction of weekly rehearsals for the parish choirs as well as the ongoing recruitment of new choir members.
6. Expand the opportunities for all age groups to participate in liturgical music such as a children’s choir, bell choir, funeral choir, and contemporary band.
7. Recruiting and rehearsing with parish instrumentalists in preparation for liturgical celebrations on an as needed basis.
8. Planning and execution of occasional community building opportunities for volunteer musicians and choir members.
9. Care for the microphone system, knowing its operation and checking to see that it is having the desired effect for both voice and instrumental music and the clarity of the lectors and celebrating priests.
10. Care for the instruments owned by the parish, including the arranging for regular tuning of the piano and organ, as well as any maintenance or repairs that are necessary.
11. Constantly working to expand the liturgical understanding and engagement of the parish.
12. Responsible for streaming of a weekend liturgy, and of the associated technologies.
13. Maintenance of the music library.
This position requires regular evening and weekend work.
DEADLINE: Resume review will begin July 25, 2022. The position will remain open until filled.
A vibrant parish community just 10 minutes from downtown Cleveland.
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER AND THREE REFERENCES BY EMAIL OR REGULAR MAIL TO:
Rev. Kevin P. Elbert
St. Luke the Evangelist Parish
1212 Bunts Road
Lakewood, Ohio 44107