You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: Darien, CT
The Director of Youth Ministry (DYM) will develop and oversee the youth ministry program of St. John Church, a vibrant Catholic parish in Darien, Connecticut with over 1700 families. Youth ministry efforts will focus on teens in grades 9-12. This relational ministry between the DYM and the teens of St. John’s is focused on bringing them closer to Christ and giving them a meaningful way to live out their Catholic faith. The youth ministry program will balance the following dimensions in pursuit of this goal: 1) social 2) spirituality 3) service. St. John’s youth group currently meets on Sunday evenings after the 5pm Mass, which most of the teens attend beforehand, but the DYM is welcome to explore other models for youth group meetings if they seem more effective.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plan and lead youth group meetings for teens in grades 9-12, meeting on a regular basis (at least 1-2x per month). Recruit, train, and supervise youth group officers to develop their leadership skills. Recruit parents to provide dinner for Sunday evening youth group meetings and to assist with supervision of meetings. Organize and lead service projects and annual youth group retreat. Promote participation in larger youth events in the diocese and elsewhere (e.g. Fan the Fire, Convivio, Steubenville). Recruit teens to serve as readers, altar servers, and ushers at the weekly 5pm Sunday Mass.
• Develop activities/events for middle school aged kids to create a bridge between Confirmation and high school involvement in the parish.
• Promote the youth group and its activities within the parish community through appropriate electronic media. Prepare announcements for the parish bulletin. Communicate with parish staff and Parent Advisory Board (PAB) about youth ministry activities.
• Ensure that parish and diocesan safe environment guidelines are strictly enforced. Take up the collection with the help of teens at the weekly 5pm Sunday Mass and ensure it is bagged and secured. Oversee youth ministry program expenses. Prepare and submit annual budget. Attend monthly parish staff meetings. Organize one large youth group fundraiser annually to raise funds for the program and create community building between the youth and the parish. Organize and lead PAB meetings at regular intervals throughout the year.
Desired Skills & Qualities
• A sense of calling and passion for youth ministry grounded in the Catholic faith and ease in sharing that passion with youth
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both teens and adults
• High degree of comfort working with youth and awareness of appropriate boundaries
• People-oriented and service-minded
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Organized initiative-taker able to juggle multiple projects
• Roman Catholic actively practicing the Catholic faith and able to receive the sacraments of the Church
• Strong commitment to the Catholic faith and one’s own relationship with God
• Fully compliant with Diocesan policies and safe environment requirements
• Proficient using the computer, including Word, email, social media, and Google Calendar
• At least 21 years of age
• Prior youth ministry experience and/or training in youth ministry preferred
Part-time (10-20 hrs/wk). Since this is a ministry position with teenagers, hours are inherently demanding and require personal flexibility.
St. John Church is a vibrant Catholic parish in Darien, Connecticut with over 1700 families. Our goal is to draw people more closely to Christ through the worship of God and the sacraments.
To apply for this position, or request more information, please submit resume and cover letter to: Fr. Chris Perrella, email@example.com