You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 20th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Chika Anyanwu.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Are you ready for a new adventure or just looking for a place that is sunny year round come join us at St. Anthony of Padua Parish in beautiful, sunny, Las Vegas, NV.
Our parish is currently seeking a dynamic, faith-filled and qualified disciple of Jesus Christ to serve full-time as Director of Youth Ministry.
The parish envisions a youth ministry grounded in relationship with Jesus Christ and his Church with dynamic and relevant programming, yet at the center would be the formation of discipleship communities, founded on relational ministry. A commitment to missionary endeavors, going out into “the peripheries” of community to reach those not currently engaged with the Church is essential.
The Director of Youth Ministry will report to the Director of Faith Formation under the guidance and direction of the Pastor/Administrator.
Position Purpose: The Director of Youth Ministry will report to the Director of Faith Formation under the guidance and direction of the Pastor/Administrator. To direct and lead youth programming for Middle School, High School and Youth Adults. The Youth Minister shall seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ.
The Youth Minister shall:
1. Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person relating to the YM.
2. Assures the development of programs and activities for junior and senior high youth that foster healthy growth and development in their spiritual, social, and physical lives. This includes retreats, religious education classes, social opportunities, recreation, athletic activities, outreach programs, liturgies, and community service opportunities.
3. Assures the development and implementation of faith formation for youth and young adults. This position recruits, trains, supports, and supervises catechists for faith formation programs for junior and senior high youth, including Confirmation where applicable. Incumbent oversees the administration of these programs, including publicity, organization and implementation. This position also collaborates with teachers in Catholic elementary and high schools in developing and implementing religious education opportunities.
4. Assures direct ministerial outreach to parish youth. Incumbent coordinates and participates in activities such as youth retreats, social events, athletics, etc., and attends parish liturgies and community and school functions according to program priorities. This position also coordinates direct evangelization outreach programs to both parish youth and youth not attending church
5. Assures the development of programs and activities for young adults (ages 18-35) that foster spiritual formation. This includes retreats, religious education, socials, recreation, community service outreach and liturgical celebrations. This position also coordinates efforts to identify and involve young adults in the parish.
6. Assures the budget for youth ministry is prepared and implemented, with the help and guidance of the Director of Faith Formation.
7. Assures on-going faith opportunities for youth. Incumbent organizes liturgical celebrations for youth, creates opportunities where young people can experience and celebrate God in their lives.
8. Serves as staff to the Parish Youth Commission/Committee. This position assists the chairperson in preparing the agenda and provides information and research for the Commission as requested and as available.
9. Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with Middle and High School age groups.
10. Plan and implement age appropriate activities for Middle and High School age youth that promote community through fellowship, fun and faith development. Such activities might include; musicals and dramatic presentations, small group Bible study, retreats and service projects.
11. Coordinate fund-raising activities that support special youth activities and trips.
12. Promote Christian service through age appropriate service projects.
13. Work with other Church Youth Directors.
14. Maintains a level of knowledge and skills required for this ministry. This is accomplished by regular updating, reading and participation at workshops, conventions, etc. This position also participates in professional organizations, as approved.
1. Be a part of the worshiping community of St. Anthony of Padua on a regular basis, taking part in the means of grace.
2. Attend staff meetings, Diocese YM meetings, and any other meetings required by the supervising DRE and/or pastor.
3. Meet regularly with DRE and pastor as needed at a time mutually agreed upon.
4. Coordinate youth activities with other ministries of the congregation in cooperation with staff.
5. Be in contact with office staff and provide a timely and accurate schedule of Youth activities. Keep the congregation informed of youth events by coordinating the publicity for youth activities through the appropriate vehicles provided by the church. (e.g. special mailings, posters, bulletin announcements, web page, etc.)
8. Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life of the community of faith, including worship, choirs, educational opportunities, youth activities, Bible Camp and service projects, etc.
10. Assist DRE/pastors and Confirmation Ministry in confirmation instruction as requested.
11. Set up Social Media and other forms of communication to keep the youth and parents informed and excited about upcoming activities.
Working Conditions: The position Youth Minister requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The position is a Full time, paid position and while the salary is based upon a projected 35 hours, the actual number of hours required during any given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position based on direction from the D.R.E. Furthermore it is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year. It is therefore understood that the Youth Minister shall:
1. Maintain some regularly scheduled office hours in order to be accessible to youth, parents, staff and the leadership of the congregation.
2. Keep the church office informed as to how the Youth Minister can be contacted.
3. Notify the staff prior to all unforeseen and untimely absences from regularly scheduled events, and provide a suitable substitute in the case of anticipated absence (meeting excepted).
4. In the case of extended time away from the office arrange to receive messages.
5. Office, phone, computer, voice mail, email, Internet services, duplicating and secretarial support is provided by the congregation for work related to this position.
6. Creative with excellent skills for prioritizing and organizing.
7. Skilled in both written and oral communication, including presentations to small and large groups.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office and fluent in applications used by our youth.
9. The candidate must able to sit and perform computer work for lengthy periods of time.
10. Frequent walking, standing and sitting.
11. Flexible hours with a minimum of 35 hours a week on site, including regular evenings, weekend and occasional overnight stays.
12. Ability to lift 45 pounds without assistance.
EXPECTED QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Since the Youth Minister plays a major role in the faith development of the younger members of the church, both as a leader, and as an example, St. Anthony seeks a professional leader who has a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith, Catholic tradition and who has a strong desire to nurture young people in the Christian faith. We seek a person who generates new ideas and programs and a person who values a team concept of ministry. Therefore the following qualifications are desirable.
1. Baptized and Confirmed member of a Catholic parish faith community.
2. Youth and Family Ministry, Education or significant experience in Youth Ministry.
3. The ability to work with youth and adults.
4. Good organizational skills
5. Commitment to the Mission of the parish.
6. At least a two year Associates Degree / Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, ministry, education, or related field.
7. Demonstrated successful experience inviting, motivating, and supporting youth to participate in organized group processes and programs.
8. Commitment to a holistic vision of youth ministry including spiritual, physical, social, and personal development of a young person.
9. Demonstrated ability to recognize and honor diversity within the parish community.
10. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse age groups.
11. Ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekend.
12. Valid Nevada Drivers’ license and vehicle at the time of the First Day of work.
The DYM receives a benefit package including health insurance, Paid Time Off, 403(b) and paid holidays in addition to base salary according to the policy of the Diocese of Las Vegas.
St. Anthony of Padua is a new parish only 13 years old. We are growing in fast numbers in the new part of Northwest Las Vegas. We are a parish in the Diocese of Las Vegas in Nevada. On the first visit many parishioners say that they felt love and welcomed and that this is their new home. We are a family, young and youthful and full of energy and ready for some new ideas!
An interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Jessica Parrish, Director of Faith Formation at email@example.com