You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection Video on the 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time with Amanda Grubbs.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
Youth ministry flows from and to the sacraments. This training won't just be about the logistics of ministry. It'll be about renewing your relationship with Christ. We’ve compiled our best training material into one weekend. XLT, Mass, incredible general sessions, and seasoned youth ministry experts make this a training you won't soon forget. You'll be able to walk away from this training knowing you have support from others just like you in the ministry of leading teens closer to Christ!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw? Well, you are not alone. More than a Pretty Face shares the real life story of a young woman who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This is a story full of ups and downs, tears and laughter; a story that is honest, funny, and encouraging.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Phoenix, AZ
St Thomas Aquinas Parish
Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Department: Parish Youth Evangelization
Supervisor: Director of Parish Advancement
Date: June 1, 2017
Purpose and Scope:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Parish Advancement, and in collaboration with the Youth Evangelization Team, the Director of Youth Ministries develops, coordinates and fosters a comprehensive youth ministry program for grades six through twelve. The Director of Youth Ministries develops communication with, and mutual support from, families of youth; and partners with other community, Parish and Diocesan youth organizations. This position is full time with benefits. Competitive salary based on education and experience.
Essential Job Functions:
• Recruits, trains, animates, and maintains a Youth Evangelization Team made up of youth and adult volunteers to ensure continuity between the programs for Junior High and High School and to foster a culture of communion and evangelization.
• Provides weekly youth and teen catechesis and opportunities for youth to hear and respond to the Gospel message; plans, coordinates and implements weekend retreats; fosters a spirit of prayer including evenings of prayer and reflection and one hour per week of Intercessory prayer.
• Coordinates and supervises sacramental preparation for all youth in collaboration with other parish staff; plans and facilitates a Confirmation program for grades six through twelve according to Diocesan guidelines.
• Is available and has set times for listening, advising and referrals; works to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
• Utilizes effective means- electronic media, mailing, and the parish bulletin- for reaching out to youth; publicizing and promoting programs and experiences, and communicating with youth and their families.
• Works in collaboration with the diocese to provide leadership training; offers safe environment training and maintains records on each volunteer.
• Prepares, submits, and administers a proposed budget each year; maintains accurate financial records as required by parish policy, and submits periodic reports to the Director of Parish Advancement as requested.
• Stays up to date with listed community agencies and resources that interface with youth.
Additional Job Functions:
• Perform any other position related tasks as deemed necessary or assigned by the Pastor or Director of Parish Advancement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to engage in ongoing professional formation; keep informed of trends in youth ministry, theology and methodology in ministry; participate in Diocesan workshops, seminars, and courses in methodology and theology where needed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of all Diocesan guidelines and procedures.
• Proficiency in use of a variety of office equipment and electronic media including working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Willingness to work collaboratively with Pastoral staff and lay leaders.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
• Completion of annual Diocesan safe environment training.
• Possession of valid AZ Driver’s License, own transportation and the ability to drive on parish business in conformance with the Diocese of Phoenix Transportation Policy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education or Theology OR National Credential in Youth Ministry OR background in theology and educational methodologies, Master’s degree preferred.
• Five years of parish or diocesan experience.
• Must be an active Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church.
St. Thomas Aquinas Church and School is a vibrant and rapidly growing parish community looking to build upon an already engaged and dynamic high school and junior high youth ministry with well formed and energized core teams. In general the parish is engaged in an exciting process of transformation with the goal of working with Christ to transform believers in our parish and beyond into missionary disciples. St. Thomas is also blessed to collaborate with our Bishop Thomas Olmsted and the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecelia, Nashville, in the building of St. John Paul II Catholic High School adjacent to our parish campus. The building of the new school commenced with ground breaking in the fall of 2016.
Please send CV and cover letter to Geoffrey Stricklin, Director of Parish Advancement: email@example.com