You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: Brookhaven, GA
Design & Plan weekly Edge Nights (25%)
– Develops the calendar for the school year and decide which topics will be discussed on each night using Edge and Purpose resources from Life Teen in collaboration with the Director of Youth Ministry and Director of Faith Formation.
– Because Edge serves as a foundation for Confirmation preparation, curriculum planning should be informed by guidelines issued by the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
– Throughout the year, incorporate service and social opportunities into the calendar.
– Develops a cohesive and well-thought out plan for each session using Edge and/or Purpose resources from Life Teen, adapting those resources to fit the group as needed. All content should be 100% faithful the Magisterium and Teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.
– Plans far enough in advance to prepare for activities requiring special materials, additional prep work, or outside help.
– Ensures that teens are fed dinner each session.
– Communicate the plan each week with volunteers.
Market & Promote Edge to the parish and community (15%)
– Uses a combination of e-mail, social media, and text messages (via Remind) to communicate with parents and the parish, specifically to retain and expand the program.
– Procures graphics as needed for promotion.
– Works to reach out to non-participating families, especially in collaboration with OLA School and the Director of Youth Ministry and Director of Faith Formation. Our goal is to consistently grow the Edge program.
– Maintains an occasional presence at OLA School for relational ministry with 6th, 7th, and 8th grade as time allows.
Coordinate and Lead Edge Nights (25%)
– Ensures that all required materials for the evening are ready to go prior to the start of the evening.
– Arrive in plenty of time to set up Edge nights, in collaboration with Core Members and other volunteers.
– Ensures that Core Members and volunteers know what is expected of them, and have the means to carry out their tasks well.
– Maintains a fun and safe atmosphere at Edge Nights.
– Executes the plan for each session with excellence along with core members and volunteers, while maintaining the ability to adapt as needed. This includes the ability to do the following or prepare a volunteer well enough:
o Explain and lead a large group game/icebreaker.
o Give an engaging talk
o Lead a good small group discussion
o Craft a meaningful and impactful prayer experience.
– Cleans up the space used after each night along with core members and volunteers, ensuring that the space is left as it was found.
– Keeps an accurate record of attendance in accordance with guidelines issued by the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
Recruit, Coordinate, & train volunteers (15%)
– Recruits capable and enthusiastic Core Members who are VIRTUS-Trained with the Archdiocese of Atlanta. These Core Members should be volunteers who have a heart for working with Middle Schoolers and leading them closer to Jesus in a relationship-based way.
– Coordinates and communicates the calendar and weekly plan with volunteers.
– Trains volunteers in an ongoing way in order to help set them up for success at their roles in collaboration with Director of Youth Ministry and Director of Faith Formation.
Plans and Coordinates other opportunities for Middle Schoolers (15%)
– Plans, coordinates, and executes occasional social outings or service projects outside of weekly Edge nights such as Middle School Catholic Fest, trips to local attractions, etc.
– Plans one day-retreat experience per year for Middle Schoolers.
– Works with Director of Youth Ministry to plan, coordinate, and execute 8th grade retreat in Spring.
– Plans, coordinates, and executes OLA’s Middle School Missions camp during the summer in collaboration with the Missions Camp team (volunteers).
– Plans and coordinates possible Mission Trip or Summer Camp experience for Middle Schoolers, as time allows.
Other Responsibilities (5%)
– Assists Director of Youth Ministry in coordinating the Sunday 5:30 Youth Mass.
– Becomes an active team member as a part of the Evangelization and Discipleship Team, including:
o Willing to pitch in and help Evangelization and Discipleship team members as time allows.
o Attending Team Meetings as needed.
o Contributing to formation and growth of our vision as a team to better engage our parish
• 0-2 years experience in Youth Ministry.
• Minimum HS diploma; Certificate in Youth Ministry is a plus.
• Must be a practicing Catholic.
· Know Microsoft Applications & appropriate current technology to communicate professionally and effectively, especially with co-workers and parishioners, as well as the willingness to learn new forms of technology.
· Understanding of the Catholic Faith and Liturgy.
· Someone who is a self-starter and takes initiative to do their job with excellence.
· Can thrive working independently and with minimal supervision, while also being a team player.
· An energetic individual who loves Middle Schoolers and can work to creatively engage them.
Our Lady of the Assumption is a diverse and growing parish located in Brookhaven, Georgia with around 1,700 registered individuals and families who are deeply involved as stewards to the parish and to the Brookhaven community. We seek to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, within the Catholic tradition. Informed by the spirit of the Society of Mary (Marists), the ideal to live like Christ in the world, is expressed in our parish under the broad areas of Worship, Education and Service. As a Marist community: “We carry out the Ministry of Jesus, the Christ, in the compassionate Spirit of Mary.”
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Benny Strozier, firstname.lastname@example.org.