You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Bluffton, SC
Job Summary: Our parish is changing the way we approach youth ministry and catechesis and we are looking we need a self-motivated, organized, passionate person to serve with us on our team. As a direct report to the Director of Youth Ministry & Formation, the Youth & Young Adult Minister in the Office of Youth Ministry & Formation (OYMF) is an important ministerial person responsible for providing the vision, coordination, and implementation of the parish’s efforts in catechesis and ministry to young people from 6th – 8th grades including sacramental preparation for Confirmation. This includes middle school catechetical/ministerial sessions (weekly or semi-weekly gatherings depending on scheduling and number of families), monthly activities, catechesis and sacramental preparation (Confirmation). Additionally, outreach and campus ministry to our local colleges is included the responsibilities of this position. The goal is to provide competent catechesis and comprehensive youth ministry. This new model of catechesis and ministry is a blend of a standard catechetical model following a curriculum and comprehensive youth & young adult ministry as outlined by the USCCB documents, “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry,” and, “Sons and Daughters of the Light.” This position is the primary catechist and minister for young people and families but does not end with one catechetical program within the ministry. We are looking to build relationships within our community, our parish, and ultimately directing these relationships (parents, students, families) to Jesus Christ. By using a relational model of ministry as a model of also providing the curriculum topics as outlined by the Diocesan Catechetical Office we hope to evangelize, catechize, engage, and empower young people and families to live their faith as fully active members of the parish community.
Member of the Youth Ministry & Formation Department–the Youth & Young Adult Minister will be responsible to:
• Attend regular departmental meetings
• Participate in departmental planning
• Communicate to staff about youth ministry & formation activities
• Seek staff input in planning youth ministry & formation activities
• Be a resource person to parish staff on issues related to youth and young adult ministry within their scope
• Serve as the liaison with the department head, parish staff and the parish
Youth & Young Adult Ministry–the parish youth & young adult ministry integrates adolescent catechesis into a comprehensive ministry to, with, by and for young people. The Youth & Young Adult Minister responsibilities include:
• Primary job functions are to minister to, evangelize, and catechize youth and families. This is a ministerial position that allows for the development of programming in which to accomplish the primary job functions.
• Evangelize youth and families and gather them as community.
• Catechize youth through weekly age appropriate gatherings (6th grade, 7th and 8th grade groups).
• Pastoral Care for youth and families before, during, and after crisis situations.
• Teaching the youth to develop an understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and Prayer & Worship.
• Actively teaching and training student leaders as ‘servant leaders.
• Recruiting, training, and facilitating a team of catechists and ministers which is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating the ministry and formation of youth in grades 3 to 8.
• Serving as an active member of the Office of Youth Ministry & Formation providing vision, direction, support, and advocacy for the parish ministry with youth.
• Coordinating the recruitment, training, supporting, and evaluating of student leaders in the youth ministry program.
• Developing a systematic and intentional plan for catechesis according to Diocesan curriculum guidelines for grade levels that utilizes a creative variety of formats, settings, and timeframes.
• Researching and providing resources (print, video, archdiocesan events) for effective programming.
• Providing appropriate training for the adults and young people in leadership positions.
• Teaching, developing, and coordinating the Confirmation programs.
• Fostering the involvement of young families in the life of the parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities.
• Connecting with and coordinating/implementing Campus ministry at our two local colleges/universities (USCB & TCL)
• Participating in the diocesan association of professional youth ministers and in any local youth ministers association.
• Continuing to seek training and education as both Youth Minster and Catechist.
• Prepares weekly communication materials/folders for the various subsections (groups) ensuring those materials and requested items are available.
• Trains and Oversees catechists and volunteers.
• Maintains team member file information with current personal information and Catechist certification information.
• Oversees the communication of information necessary for various Diocesan reports. E.g. Diocesan insurance for all parish Youth Members, Catechist formation presenters and programs, Sacramental records, department statistical data and other information.
• Assists in the planning and implementation of ‘staple’ departmental projects.
Experience: Minimum of 2-5 years comprehensive youth ministry experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Catechetics, Education or a related field and youth ministry certification.
• Microsoft Office Proficient
• Technology/social media proficient
• Bi-Lingual a plus
• Ability to prioritize work and work under deadlines
• Effective, welcoming communication skills
• Heart for youth and ministry
Located in the low-country of South Carolina (Diocese or Charleston), St. Gregory the Great is a diverse parish of approximately 4,500 families that span a wide range of demographics. Our parish is re-visioning the approach to youth and family catechesis in order to more fully engage and equip the community to live as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com