You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 25th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Stephanie Espinoza.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
The Youth Ministry Specialist (YMS) works closely with the Coordinator of Confirmation & Youth Ministry (CCYM). Responsibilities include planning and leading all Life Nights and Life Teen events, assisting at high school Confirmation classes, assisting with Confirmation Year 1 retreats onsite, and participating in leadership of Confirmation Year 2 weekend retreats offsite. The YMS will also support social and spiritual activities for grades 9-12, and will attend City of Saints weekend in August.
• Confirmed and practicing Catholic, committed to the Catholic faith and youth ministry in the Church. Able to share that faith with young people in a positive and engaging way.
• Two to three years experience in parish youth ministry desired, including but not limited to: experience with youth retreats, community building, planning liturgies, and leading prayer. Life Teen experience.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Ability to work in collaboration with CCYM, Core Team, parents, and volunteers.
• Able to work with a high level of initiative and independence, as well as effectively participating as a member of a team. Excellent organizational skills, including effective time management, long-range planning, and encouragement and motivation of others, are a requirement.
• Excellent communication skills, including listening to and advocating for youth; written, oral, and electronic communication with a large, multi-ethnic faith community; and ability to recognize issues that require additional resources or services.
• Minimum age requirement–21 years. Driver’s license.
• Work days: Sunday through Thursday, noon-9:00 pm, with frequent evening, weekend, and overnight programs, including occasional Fridays and Saturdays.
• Proficient in computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and e-mail; and social media skills, including Twitter and Instagram.
1. Plan, be present for, and facilitate Life Nights and Life Teen events.
2. Assist CCYM and Life Teen Adult Core Team in recruitment of adult and teen volunteers. Develop a team of adults to assist in setup of environment and hospitality for Life Nights.
3. Promote and publicize Life Teen.
4. Invite and welcome high school teens to Life Nights. Present talks and facilitate small group discussions during Life Nights and Confirmation classes.
5. Develop annual calendar of events for SJF Teens.
6. Develop a Teen Mass Planning Team and assist at Sunday evening Teen Mass.
7. Chaperone youth events on and offsite. Schedule off-site events, retreats, and buses, as needed.
8. Communicate with teens, parents, and team members by phone, text, and e-mail.
9. Visit students on campus regularly at Peninsula and Palos Verdes High Schools.
10. Assist at all Year 1 and Year 2 Confirmation classes.
11. Assist at Year 1 Confirmation Retreats (2-3 Saturdays on campus) and Year 2 Confirmation Retreats (3 weekends, Friday-Sunday, off campus), annual Youth Day in Anaheim and City of Saints weekend at UCLA in August.
12. Attend annual Religious Education Congress.
13. Keep current in Virtus (Safe Environment) and professional development.
14. Other duties as assigned.
St. John Fisher is a vibrant Catholic community serving the Palos Verdes Peninsula in southern California. We have a strong confirmation program and are ready to launch Life Teen.
Email Gayle Plecha at email@example.com