You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Midland, TX
St. Stephen’s Catholic Church is looking for a dynamic, energetic, faith-filled bilingual disciple of Jesus Christ to serve as youth ministry director. The Youth Ministry Director (YMD) will help facilitate the evangelization, formation, and discipleship of Middle and High School Students as well as young adults in our parish.
The ideal candidate is:
1. Passionately Catholic: Well-formed in theology, Church teaching, and is ready to share the joy of being in love with Christ and his Church to young people.
2. Ready to create opportunities to welcome new youth to the parish youth ministry program: Someone who is willing to bring students into a relationship with Christ. Someone who can relate to youth and understand their culture. Proficient with significant digital outreach through relevant communication and social media channels.
3. Motivated, Creative with lots of initiative: This community needs an effective Youth Ministry program built from the ground up, which will work in conjunction with our Director of Religious Education and Sacramental Prep programs. Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking will be both expected and appreciated.
4. Ready to Lead: The YMD must be an excellent and effective communicator to all age groups and ready to recruit, motivate and lead young people and volunteers by example. Being a motivator, planner and organizer is essential.
5. Excited to be a part of our Team: The YMD will provide input and support on all matters of parish life, especially those pertinent to young people in our community. One must be excited to be part of a team in a diverse and multicultural setting.
Essential Functions of the Parish Youth Ministry Director are:
The duties of a YMD usually vary from day to day, but their main responsibility is to provide vision and coordination for the parish’s ministry to young people from sixth through twelfth grades. The YMD will incorporate all components of a comprehensive youth ministry program as outlined in the Life-teen Resources purchased by the parish. Coordinate ministry services, social media outreach and youth events to help encourage youth to live as disciples of Jesus and to provide spiritual support and direction. In addition, help prepare youth to receive the sacraments of Confirmation.
* Coordinate with volunteers to prepare for classes
and other activities scheduled throughout the year.
* YMD will coordinate and work with DRE on youth
retreats and other youth functions throughout the
* Create Social Media content and schedule posts to
run daily to reach the youth on the social media
platforms they frequent.
* YMD will attend, Confirmation, and any other Church
functions as assigned. Functions will include:
Coordinate with DRE for retreats
* Other duties as assigned by the Parish Business
Manager and Pastor
• Life Teen and Edge experience preferred.
• Successful completion of the Parish Safe
• Bachelor’s degree in Theology or Catechesis
• Organizational skills, including time management,
delegation,planning, and budgeting.
• Ability to work with parents and children of all ages.
• Knowledge of adolescent / pre-teen spiritual and
• Basic computer skills.
• Connects with other youth ministry groups and
committees in the diocese and in appropriate
• Frequent use of computer keyboard that requires
repetitive hand and wrist movements.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
40 hours / week
Flexibility in working differing hours based on special events that may affect schedule
Salary is commensurate with experience, qualifications, and education range from 27-51k
St. Stephen’s is a beautiful and large Parish in the Diocese of San Angelo, TX. We are a community focused on families, ministry, serving others and growing closer to God and are blessed for the friends we make along the way.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume in PDF form, including 3 references to the email addresses below. Please use subject: “Youth Ministry Director Search.” Also please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog or post photos.
We are seeking to fill this position by June 1, 2022