You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
The Men’s Retreat sponsored by Life Teen is a weekend of brotherhood, restoration, and inspiration. You can expect to hear engaging talks, to enjoy some outdoor fun in the beauty of the north Georgia mountains, and most importantly, to encounter God through the sacraments and times of prayer. Adult men (18+) of all ages and walks of life are invited to attend this retreat.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Our 2022 Lent Companion features daily Gospel reflections written by youth ministers and Life Teen staff that will help your teenagers pray through the Lenten season. This impactful devotional is great for individuals, groups, or for families looking to grow together this Lent.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: St. Louis, MO.
St. Gabriel the Archangel in South St. Louis is looking to add another member to our staff on a part-time basis, but this position may turn into a full time depending on the qualifications of the candidate as stated below. We are now taking resumes for a Youth Minister for our parish. This person will be responsible for developing, maintaining and growing a Youth Ministry Program from scratch. This includes development of a High School Program with teens from the parish. The minister will work closely with the school principal and pastor to establish a middle school program as a feeder system to the teen group. In time, this person will develop and maintain a Young Adult program as well. The minster will develop and support a Core Group of parents and young adults to maintain the group and delegate responsibilities as necessary. The Youth Minister will invite and draw our young people to fuller involvement in the life of faith, sacramental and communal life of the parish and the Catholic Church and to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
* Provide weekly opportunities for faith formation and development of the young people of the parish: intellectually, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
* Plan, develop, and organize outreach, evangelization, retreats, conferences, Youth Masses, small groups and service opportunities to serve the needs of the teens and parish.
* Recruit, train, and supervise an adult and young adult Core Team to assist the youth ministry program.
* Provide regular opportunities for faith formation and engagement of middle school students in the parish school.
* Encourage discernment of religious vocations.
* Accountability to the objectives and vision of the pastor.
* Uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church.
* Collaborate with the Archdiocesan Youth Office to maintain an awareness of Archdiocesan resources, programs, and guidelines.
* Plan and oversee scheduling, program development, and budgeting for the Youth Ministry program.
* Openness, understanding, and love for Jesus and the Eucharist.
* Possess a solid understanding of the Catholic Faith (or able to grow in one’s faith and learn) and adhere to all the teachings of the Catholic Church
* Organized, independent, and trustworthy
* Willingness to complete YM Certification.
* Flexible with work style and environment
* Skills in organizing and budgeting large-scale projects and events.
* Ability to communicate well with pastor, parents, parish staff, and young people.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field.
* Skills in Social Media maintenance and engagement —Note: with this characteristic this position could possibly lead to full time work immediately and can be negotiated at time of interview.
* Experience in Youth ministry.
Position Reports To: Pastor
As a Catholic professional, the candidate is expected to be a role model for our youth and their families and provide for them an adult role model of the Catholic Faith. The policies and procedures of the Archdiocesan Employee Handbook as well as Archdiocesan Guidelines for the protection for children are to be implemented and followed at all times.
We are an urban parish in the City of St. Louis. We have a diverse collection of thought and talent which make up an upper middle-class parish. We have close to 2000 families in the parish with the fourth largest Catholic Grade School in the Archdiocese servicing over 500 students in the school. Many of our high school parishioners attend Catholic High Schools as well. The parish was founded in 1934.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to Fr. Mark Madden at [email protected] or mail to St. Gabriel the Archangel, Attn: Fr. Mark Madden, 6303 Nottingham Ave., St. Louis, MO., 63109. If there are questions, please contact Fr. Mark Madden at 314-353-6303”