You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Westfield, MA
We are seeking to hire a Director of Youth Ministry to work alongside the office of religious education, the religious education board, and our parish school staff to engage our youth in meaningful, dynamic programming. The director, utilizing a collaborative approach, will rely on teams of volunteers to carry out a vision and programs that provide a firm foundation for the growth of children and their families. As we are building this program from the ground up, we hope to prioritize our middle school children while offering opportunities for our high schoolers to engage as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with parents and families to lead in the formation and growth of their children
• Recruit, lead, train and develop volunteers to assist with Youth Ministry
• Create opportunities for children to hear the gospel, develop healthy relationships, grow in obedience and serve others
• Ensure that children are a vital ministry of our church
• Create a safe, positive, nurturing and age appropriate environment for every child to encounter God and develop their faith
• Plan, develop and implement programming for children in accord with LifeTeen program
• Connect with the St. Mary’s grade school and visit children in the lunchroom, during class and/or at recess.
• Network with community organizations to provide a bridge between the church and the community at large
• Be present for family liturgy every Sunday to support volunteers, assess needs, build relationships with volunteers and families
• Partner with Office of Religious Education- present large group lessons to middle school students and assist in developing community building games/activities
• Possess a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus
• Effectively communicate the truth of the Gospel Message for all students
• Be a self-motivated leader inspired to build a ministry from the ground up
• Work cooperatively with a team and have the humility to accept assistance and coaching when needed
• Prior experience in leading and organizing students in a ministry setting
• Demonstrate professionalism when dealing with volunteer ministers and parents
• Comfortable with public speaking, technology and excellent written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church
• Minimum of a college bachelor’s degree
• Knowledge of LifeTeen program
Schedule: Sunday evenings with flexible hours throughout the week. Expect presence during the school day and assist with holiday masses. Some weeknights and Saturdays on occasion
Compensation: Full time salary position with room and board and benefits
Reports to: Youth minister will report to the Director of Parish Services
St. Mary’s is a Roman Catholic Community located in Westfield, MA. We are on a mission to reinvigorate the youth of our parish, and parish school, to reconnect with God and their faith. It is our greatest hope to help our children make Jesus their first priority! The St. Mary’s community, priests, staff and the parish as a whole have recently recommitted themselves to the formation of a formal Youth Minister Position as well as a Youth Ministry program. A new chapter is beginning at St. Mary’s as we set out to challenge and encourage our youth to grow as intentional disciples.
Please email Lynne Corriveau, Director of Parish Services