You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Help us reach every teen, restore every parish, and reclaim the culture. Join us today!
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Marietta, GA
Summary: The Youth Minister is a full-time staff member who reports directly to the Rector (senior pastor) and leads the Youth Ministries of the parish, primarily for teens in 6th through 12th grades. The mission of the parish and of this ministry is Growing Disciples of Jesus Christ. The Youth Minister will collaborate with the Rector, staff and volunteer youth ministry leadership to pursue this mission. Prepare and manage the approved youth ministry program budget (for 2021: $15,600).
Our Parish Mission is Growing Disciples of Jesus Christ.
Parish Vision: God has a vision for us as a Christian Community, empowered by the Holy
Spirit, active in: Worship of God, Discipleship for all ages, Serving Christ in the world.
What Discipleship means for Youth Ministry in this parish:
• An experience of the unconditional love of God,
• A whole-hearted commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior,
• An understanding of God and the Christian life grounded in the Bible and the creeds,
• A regular life of prayer and connection with God the Holy Spirit,
• Engagement in the Christian life of authentic, healthy relationships: with God, with
others in Christ, and seeing ones’ self through God’s eyes,
• Loving others the way Christ loves us,
• Being equipped to navigate the challenges of life and make godly decisions,
• Having the courage to resist the pressures of a secular world,
• Active in the ministries of the church, sharing ministry with all ages as full members of
• Serving Christ in the world with stewardship and action,
• A life of ongoing growth in Christian maturity, equipped to grow and serve God in years
How do we grow disciples for Jesus Christ?
• Loving teenagers the way Christ loves us: with grace and truth, justice and mercy, acceptance and accountability, a warm embrace and a higher calling,
• Teaching the basics of the Christian faith, the Bible and the Christian life,
• Through relationships and experiences that model and practice discipleship,
• Through hands-on ministry and service, often as part of other ministries in the parish,
• Through special trips and experiences that build in-depth relationships and deepen
relationships with God,
• Through praying for and with our youth,
• As mentors, empowering them for Christian Maturity.
What is our basic programmatic framework for Youth Ministry?
• Sunday School
• Sunday evening Youth Groups,
• Special activities, retreats, service projects, mission trips,
• Other ministries of the parish including acolytes, youth choir and other involvement,
• Pastoral relationships with staff and volunteer youth leaders
Ministry Development Goals:
• Keep the Youth Ministry program aligned with the mission & vision,
• Expand personal engagement with all teens, their families and Adult Volunteers,
• Build a leadership Team and an effective cadre of volunteers,
• Coordinate with Children’s Ministry, Youth Choir, acolytes and others,
• Support Parents in their life in Christ
Compensation and benefits:
The position is full time (40+ hours per week), with salary and benefits.
Benefits currently include medical & dental insurance with a modest cost share by the employee. The church makes a contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan equal to 5% of income; the church also matches up to 4% of employee contributions to the 403(b). Annual salary range is comparable to clergy salaries, commensurate with training, experience and demonstrated abilities.
St. Peter and St. Paul is an Episcopal parish in sub-urban Atlanta, with 950 active members, with average weekend attendance of 388 people (from three services). Our membership includes ~100 people in grades 6 through 12. Roughly 80 have some involvement with Sunday School or Youth Groups. We have an active Sunday School for all ages, weekly evening youth groups (middle school and high school), and annual mission trips, retreats and other activities. Average attendance for Sunday School in grades 6-12 is 35-40. Average attendance at Youth Group activities is 20-25. These are all pre-COVID numbers; we are eager to see greater engagement with youth.
Submit a cover letter and resume to The Rev. Tom Barnett (who is assisting the rector) at email@example.com
Visit us online at www.peterandpaul.org.