You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: South St. Louis County
Job Description includes, but is not limited to the following:
St. Catherine Laboure Parish in South St. Louis County is seeking a full-time Youth Minister.
This position works closely with the Pastor, Director of Operations, and Pastoral staff to create, lead, and grow a vibrant youth ministry program at the parish level. This position will oversee all high school ministry efforts and work in collaboration with our Middle School Youth Minister to grow youth evangelization in our parish and to witness to all parishioners the power, joy and life of the Gospel. The youth minister will develop and support a Core Team of young adults and adults/parents, leveraging their skills and gifts, and delegating responsibilities as appropriate. The youth minister will invite and draw our parish young people, from across the many St Louis high schools, to fuller involvement in the life of faith, service, and community, alive in the Charism of St Vincent de Paul. On average, this position will entail 40 hours per week (day/evening/weekend), although some periods during the year will require more involvement due to the nature of retreats, conferences, etc. Therefore, flexibility is mandatory in order to meet the diverse nature of the program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Inspire teens to grow in their love of Christ and serve the poor and marginalized
– Provide weekly opportunities for faith formation and development of the young people intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually
– Promote community, leadership, faith experiences, and social awareness through events, retreats, small groups, and service to the poor
– Attend and promote the Noon Mass on Sundays with the teens.
– Fundraise through various events, such as Trunk or Treat.
– Lead, train, and nurture a Core Team of adult volunteers
– Communicate often and well with the staff, volunteers, teens and parents
– Team-build within the Core Team and among the teens
– Manage time, people, money and resources humbly and well.
– Build Community, engaging across the Parish and local area with the teens
– Attend & participate in professional development opportunities, such as OYM sponsored YM events and the Wellspring Program
– Maintain and organize the youth room, youth calendar, YM office, and SCLYM website (IT and social media skills are a must)
– Remain in good standing with the Catholic Church.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: YMsearch@sclparish.org
Parish Mission Statement
We are the People of God, a parish of brothers and sisters,
Baptized in Jesus Christ and united in the Eucharist.
We strive to follow Jesus Christ the evangelizer of the poor.
Because the Eucharist is the font and source of our lives,
We consciously commit ourselves to build and nourish
A community to worship God and serve each other.
We express our worship and our calling,
By living as a People for the Poor In an active and practical manner,
Inspired by the charism of Saint Vincent De Paul.
With St. Catherine Laboure as our patroness,
We commit to a dedicated love of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
Please send resume, cover letter and inquiries to: YMsearch@sclparish.org