You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: Weston CT
We are looking for someone who can work with the existing program and continue to grow
participation level with increased opportunities for service, socializing, and sacraments. The Youth
Coordinator will be responsible for running regular youth group meetings for high school and middle
school participants. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about working with young
people, their Catholic faith, and desires to serve God by guiding middle and high school students
through the ups and downs they go through at this time in their lives.
The St Francis youth ministry makes use of a Life Teen subscription. The Youth Coordinator reports
to the Pastor and will work with the Faith Formation department and other parish ministries to
increase teen involvement at St. Francis. The St Francis youth ministry makes use of a Life Teen
The Primary Task:
Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry. This comprehensive approach
is based on understanding the primary tasks of youth ministry are to:
• Lead the youth and young adults into a personal relationship with God as disciples of Christ in
both large group environments and individual relationships
• Grow the parish youth ministry program by creating an attractive and compelling faith
environment that provides students with opportunities to grow and be nurtured in their faith
• Challenge the youth and young adults to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and
• Provide programs and tools that equip the current youth to share the Gospel
• Be knowledgeable and supportive of all parish faith formation activities and explore the potential
for youth group involvement
• Be present and available to youth participants and act as a mentor
• Plan, develop, and execute weekly high school meetings and bi-weekly middle school meetings
• Maintain your own prayer life and relationship with God and live a life that does not contradict
teachings of the Catholic Church
• Form and lead a Core team of adults to assist at and help develop youth group meetings
• Utilize Life Teen resources to create content for ministry
• Obtain supplies needed for any youth meetings or events
• Stay well-informed of new resources and changes in youth ministry and culture and adjust our
program as needed to maintain a current and effective program
• Find and create opportunities for spiritual growth for teens to participate in outside of regular
• Create 1-2 opportunities per year to fundraise money for the program
• Network with youth ministers in surrounding areas for opportunities for youth to interact with
those from other parishes
• Participate in continuing education events, leadership conferences and training opportunities, or
retreats to maintain your own spiritual welfare
• Be present at parish for mass, parish activities, or other events that would better the welfare of
the youth ministry program
• Create flyers, posters, social media posts to promote programs and events
• Run Instagram and Facebook accounts
• Work with parish ministries to involve participants in various volunteer opportunities
• Be available to answer phone calls and emails as required
• Communicate with the youth and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using
all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, texting, social media)
• Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget
• Attend all staff meetings as well as any other regular scheduled meetings
• Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
• A Confirmed and practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
• College degree, with B.A. in Catechesis, Theology, Religious Education preferred, or related
• 1+ years of experience working in a youth or campus ministry role that includes leadership
responsibilities or educational/catechetical role with youth
• Must have excellent administrative, written and verbal communication, conflict management,
and computer skills
• Demonstrate knowledge of Church teaching and values
• Competent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Experience creating/defining program guidelines
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals including youth, young adults,
parents, and teams of volunteers
The goal of the Youth Coordinator is to build community and disciples for Christ among middle and
high school students. This person’s goal will be to help students learn more about their Catholic
faith, to live it out in their lives, to share it with others, and to grow in their relationship with God.
St. Francis of Assisi, a small, but vibrant, suburban parish, is the sole Catholic Church in Weston CT.
Located in the Diocese of Bridgeport, St. Francis is home to 850 families with approximately 400
students in its pre-school and religious education programs.
Please send an email to Kimberley DelCorso, St Francis of Assisi Business Manager at
firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.