You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Every day is focused on this primary goal: Leading young Catholics to Christ.
• Mentor youth and young adult ministry teams with their own identity reflecting our parish mission and in the spirit of Renewing the Vision: A Framework for
• Catholic Youth Ministers (USCCB) including: Middle School Youth Ministry, High School Youth Ministry, and Young Adult Ministry (College aged, 20s, and 30s)
• Develop and coordinate dynamic Confirmation Sacrament preparation for teens in collaboration with the Pastor and Faith Formation Director
• Recruit, train, and mentor youth and young adult leaders as well as core team volunteers
• Collaborate with the Faith Formation Director and Minister for Adult Faith in merging youth ministry catechetical models with religious education for RCIA catechumen formation for youth and teens
• Create, guide, and / or lead retreats for middle school, teens, Confirmation, and young adults
• Organize trips to local, diocesan, national, and international youth and young adult events ( Diocesan Youth Day, Steubenville, NCYC, World Youth Day, March for Life, Lifeteen Conferences, etc).
• Work with Pastoral Care and Outreach leader to provide opportunities for social justice / service education
• Assist Liturgical Ministry Team in the preparation of liturgical celebrations for youth (Confirmation, Reconciliation, liturgies for retreats, XLT, and special youth events)
• Represent Youth Ministry and contribute to parish staff meetings, parish council meetings, and Deanery meetings
• Communicate with the pastor, parish staff, parish community, and parents about youth and young adult ministry activities, goals, and concerns in a way which invites participation and creative problem-solving
• Build and maintain a relationship with the Diocesan Secretariat for Laity, Family, and Life, Director of Youth Ministry, and Office of Vocations.
• Maintain a current list and contact information for parish youth, young adults, adult leadership, and volunteers who have regular contact with young people for the Parish Staff and Diocesan Safe Environment Office; ensure that all adult leaders / advisors comply with diocesan safety regulations (i.e., finger printing/criminal background check)
• Submit annual financial report and budget; administer budget throughout the year
The position is a full time, non-exempt, year-round role with benefits. Requirements:
• Practicing Roman Catholic, able to participate in the Sacraments of the Church
• Conversational fluency in Spanish preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in composing reports, correspondence and letters and in publishing e-newsletters and flyers; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with database management a plus.
• Relates well with youth, has knowledge of current youth culture, trends, and issues, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent organization and leadership skills
• Available weekends and evenings
• Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Youth Ministry, or related area from an accredited college or university and a minimum of five years of applicable experience
• Employment is contingent upon the applicant passing a full background check with the Diocese of Orlando
If you have a calling to share the Catholic faith with youth and young adults – and you love to work with a team – you might be the perfect candidate for Young Catholic Ministry Leader at Saint Mary Magdalen Church, a growing and diverse parish serving 3,000 families in the Orlando area.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative leader to create and lead the kind of ministry youth want to be a part of, the kind of parish community that listens to and mentors young Catholics, and the kind of core team that is dedicated to finding new and better ways to serve our parishioners from their tween years to young adulthood. Under the guidance of the Faith Formation Director, our Young Catholic Ministry Leader works with our pastor, priests, and staff to develop programs that are faithful to the parish mission, prepares candidates for the Sacraments, draws young people into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and accompanies them to live as witnesses of the Gospel in our world today.
Send resumé by email to Jobs@StMaryMagdalen.org