You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for Pentecost Sunday with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: *Pittsburgh, PA* *Steubenville, OH* *Wichita, KS* *Greenville, NC*
MISSIONARY JOB DESCRIPTION:
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried, Support raised
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
BENEFITS: Housing, 7 days vacation, monthly retreat day
General Purpose of Position:
To make Christ present to inner city teenagers. This position is primarily relational (outreach
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Missionary reports directly to team leader for ministry guidance but ultimately they report to
the area director or Vice President in cities where there is no area director. The Area Director, in
cooperation with the Vice President, provides an annual evaluation of the Missionary’s
The Primary Task:
This Vagabond Missions approach is based on the understanding that the primary task of youth
-love youth where they are
-encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-invite young people in the sacramental life of the Catholic Church
1. Attendance at the following meetings is expected: Weekly Staff Meetings, Outreach
Nights, Bible Study/ Worship, Core Team Meetings, and Committee Meetings.
2. Daily Outreach in the city. (schools, parks, etc)
3. Disciple 3-5 young people in ongoing formation.
4. Aide in basic planning of events, errands, and transportation needs.
5. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and Catholic doctrine and theology.
2. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is a preferred requirement.
3. Must have a good work ethic.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and conflict
5. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and
teams of volunteers.
Vagabond Missions is a non-profit organization that provides effective Catholic high school youth ministry in inner-city and Urban areas. We currently have 8 sites across 4 cities in the US. Inner-City teens confront a cycle of neglect, violence and broken family life. Vagabond Missions introduces them to Jesus and a loving community by mobilizing missionaries. Through outreach, every inner-city teen can be known, loved and experience hope for their lives.
To apply go to vagabondmissions.com/apply
For questions please email our director of recruitment, Mark Pirro, email@example.com or give him a call (518) 522-9792