You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for Palm Sunday with Joel Stepanek
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Olympia, WA
POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to plan, organize and staff our liturgical ministries (excluding Music), and enable the provision of quality liturgical celebrations and experiences for members of the parish at each of our two worship sites and coordinate those involved in liturgical ministries.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent is a missionary disciple and shares in the missionary work of the parish. The incumbent is responsible for promoting the growth of the six elements of discipleship (GROW, WORSHIP, SERVE, GIVE, CONNECT, SHARE) within their areas of ministries and in those they serve. The incumbent is responsible for aligning the Liturgical Ministries’ goals with the parish vision and strategic plan and serves as the main champion for initiatives focused on the element WORSHIP.
1. Collaborates with the Pastor, Parochial Vicar, Pastoral Associate, Steward for Music Ministries & other members of the Pastoral Team in implementing the mission of the parish. This is accomplished by participating in the comprehensive planning, implementation and evaluation of the parish mission and goals with specific focus on liturgy. The Steward for Liturgical Ministries serves as a professional resource to the staff in the area of liturgy and also collaborates in regional or deanery planning and program efforts.
2. Oversee and supervise the Liturgical Staff, which consists of the Steward for Music Ministries and Steward for Christian Initiation, Matrimony, and Alpha. This supervision includes: Monthly check-ins with team members on an individual basis (10/year). Twice yearly ministry review with each steward for planning and evaluation purposes
3. Coordinates the parish worship programs at the two worship sites. This is accomplished by developing and organizing plans, in coordination with the pastor and parochial vicar, which respond to the parish worship and prayer needs and overseeing the provision of quality liturgical seasonal celebrations and sacramental services including Weekend, Daily, Holy Day, Funeral, School and other special liturgies. The Steward for Liturgical Ministries works particularly with the Steward for the Music Ministries and the Liturgy Teams in the development of a comprehensive liturgical plan.
4. Coordinates the work of the liturgy teams and committees as well as the work of the various liturgical ministers including the presiders, lectors, Eucharist ministers, servers, artists, hospitality ministers, sacristans, etc. Assures the availability of those liturgical ministers by creating and updating the liturgical ministers’ schedules (all sites) and the presider’s schedule.
5. Leads or attends planning meetings related to liturgical events, objectives, strategies and goals. Attends and facilitates the Thursday morning Liturgy Team meeting.
6. Assures the recruitment, assignment, training, motivation, support and evaluation of lectors, Eucharist ministers, servers, artists, hospitality ministers, sacristans, etc. Also provides other support personnel necessary to accomplish the goals and objectives of the liturgical minister. Facilitates opportunities for liturgical ministers to develop and enhance their personal faith growth.
7. Using SMP Connect, incumbent schedules all liturgical volunteers and ensures they receive training in how to use this software.
8. Informs the Parish Safe Environment Coordinator when new volunteer come into the ministry and ensures that all volunteers meet the Archdiocesan standards for Safe Environment.
9. Assures the proper evaluation of all Liturgical Ministers. This is accomplished by reviewing and assessing their performance and the suitability of their placement. Assures proper recognition for parishioners who are involved in a liturgical ministry.
10. Serves as a local parish resource to the Principal, Stewards (Religious Education, Life Teen, Sacramental Prep and RCIA) and other staff in providing assistance or consultation for their worship needs and responsibilities.
11. Coordinates seasonal celebrations including the Feast of St. Michael, Penance Services, Vietnamese, Hispanic, Filipino and other Cultural Celebrations and the annual Vigil of Remembrance on All Souls Day. This is accomplished by planning the service, marketing the event, recruit volunteers to serve as liturgical ministers and working with the appropriate staff members and parishioners to coordinate the events. With the Vigil of Remembrance, works with the Steward for Pastoral Care to invite the families who have had a loved one die in the past year.
12. Coordinates around the clock adoration of the Blessed Sacrament (24×7). This is accomplished by working with the volunteer chair to recruit and nurture those participating in twenty-four hour prayer. Coordinates, in collaboration with the Steward for Stewardship and Parish Life, an annual recruitment effort for prayer participants.
13. Prepares the liturgy related announcements in the bulletin, the pulpit announcements and Universal Prayer each week. Prepares correspondence and website materials as they relate to liturgical ministry. Develops the presider’s schedule.
14. Assures the development and maintenance of a record-keeping system for liturgical ministry.
15. Assures the adequate materials for worship are available. Maintains inventory of sacred vessels, vestments, and other liturgical supplies, and includes the purchasing of such materials as necessary for worship. The Steward for Liturgical Ministries assures the worship environment of all worship sites are prepared for use.
16. In coordination with pew prep lead and custodial staff, assures the main body of the Church (the pews, sacristies, chapels, etc.) is kept neat and tidy. Coordinates volunteers to help with light housekeeping (or tidying-up) between Masses. Works with the Facilities Director to plan and implement the semi-annual “Church Cleaning Days”.
17. Serves as staff resource to the Spiritual Life and Worship Commission, working with the co-chairs on agenda building, placing meetings on the parish calendar and general staff support. Serves as the staff resource to the Environment and Art Committee, and the Downtown and Westside Liturgical Ministries.
18. Assures the Liturgy budget is prepared and submitted in a thorough and timely fashion by working with appropriate ministry area leaders and the Pastoral Assistant for Administration and that appropriate records are kept on financial transactions. When the budget is approved, assures the monthly monitoring of expenses and revenue; authorizes all expenditures for that budget. Prepares the liturgy section for the Archdiocesan and Parish Annual Reports.
19. Attends parish meetings to promote liturgical objectives and activities.
20. Participates as a member of the parish pastoral team. This is accomplished by collaborating in cooperative ventures with other parish ministries, organizations, and individuals by participating in staff meetings and retreats and by assisting in the planning and participation of staff faith sharing and social occasions.
21. Serves as a member of the Leadership Team.
22. Maintains current level of knowledge and skills required for this ministry. This is accomplished by regular updating, reading appropriate materials, and participation at workshops, conventions, etc. Incumbent also participates in local, regional and national professional organizations as approved and as appropriate.
23. The Steward for Liturgical Ministries performs other duties as assigned.
Saint Michael Parish, in Olympia Washington, is a dynamic, mission-driven, disciple forming community, deeply rooted in the sacramental life of the Church. We are in search of a creative, passionate, highly qualified person who loves the Church’s liturgy. The ideal candidate would prepare and coordinate exceptional liturgical celebrations that nourish and inspire the faithful to enter into the Paschal Mystery and be sent forth to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Direct all applications and resumes to Chris Peterson at email@example.com or deliver them to the parish office.
Link to Application – http://saintmichaelparish.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/EmploymentApp2019Parish-1.pdf