You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
St. Timothy Catholic Church
1730 W. Guadalupe Road
Mesa, Arizona 85202
Job Title: School Secretary (grade 7)
Responsible to: School Principal
Hours: Monday – Friday (hourly)
40 hours per week during school year – 20 hours per week during designated summer months.
In service of the New Evangelization, the School Secretary oversees all aspects of the clerical and administrative support for St. Timothy Catholic School and assures the effective and efficient day-to-day office operations.
• Works collaboratively with school and parish staff and volunteers
• Oversees and appropriately directs incoming calls and messages
• Assists with all lockdown procedures, safety drills and fire evacuations
• Greets visitors to the school office and provides a safe, welcoming and hospitable atmosphere
• Coordinates student activity with parents and staff (including early/late arrivals, medicine intake, building access and relays messages regarding students)
• Oversees school security system, including monitoring gate access and daily activation
• Provides support to School Principal and teachers as needed
• Assists with major school events, including fundraiser, Catholic Schools Week, Picture Days and Reconciliations
• Gathers and submits required public schools’ information (MCESA, reduced lunch program, etc.) and high school admissions paperwork
• Coordinates school registration (creates and distributes registration forms and packets, processes registrations, coordinates student screening, manages school tours)
• In the absence of the school nurse, assumes all nurse’s duties
• Maintains school’s database and online emergency alert system
• Records and relays attendance information (absence, leaving early, transportation change, homework requests, etc.)
• Provides communication between school and parents through phone calls, emails, weekly eFYI, mailings, flyers, etc.
• Coordinates hot lunches and early dismissal session with students and volunteers
• Processes financial transactions (order forms, check requests, deposits)
• Oversees student drop-off/pickup (late arrival, early leaving, late pickup, etc.)
• Maintains school records and communications with parish when needed
• Works with and coordinates parent and student volunteers
• Maintains and manages office machines, supplies and inventory
• Works collaboratively with Safe Environment Coordinator to enforce training renewals for parent volunteers, collects and tracks necessary paperwork for all students
• Fills in as needed for playground/lunch volunteers or teachers on break
• Complete any task deemed necessary by the Pastor, Principal and/or his/her delegate
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
• Strong general knowledge of Catholic faith preferred
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Ability to work well with staff and volunteers in a team environment
• Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision and frequent interruptions
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Working knowledge of Gradelink
• Working knowledge of church software preferable (PDS or Shelby)
• Strong working knowledge of general office machinery (Copier, duplicator, fax, postage meter, folding machine)
• Demonstrate excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Willingness and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Basic first aid knowledge and ability to remain calm and focused in emergency situations
• HS Diploma, minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience, including a minimum of 2 years management and supervisory experience
• Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed or required
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to bend, lift, push and/or pull up to 25 pounds and reach overhead
Please submit resume and letter of interest to: https://catholicschoolsphx.org
St. Timothy Catholic School is dedicated to forming each child in the image and likeness of Christ by teaching Gospel values and promoting academic excellence.