You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Abbeville, LA
Programs & Events Coordinator
The goal of this full-time position is to Promote and Engage in the ministry of FMC specifically, and the Great Commission more generally, by overseeing and/or supporting (whatever the case may be) the excellent and beautiful execution of the various programs and events put on by the Department of Mission Advancement.
● Be trained in and subsequently carry out activities, related to Faith Camp, that have historically been undertaken by the Faith Camp Coordinator.
● Work with Senior Faith Camp Staff and Coordinator Team to implement successful, safe, and fruitful camp.
○ Plan programming, logistics, staff training, etc… (See extensive Faith Camp resources/manual)
● Responsible for administrative aspects of running Faith Camp.
● Connect with community sponsors
○ Find businesses in our community that are interested in supporting our scholarship fund/becoming a partner of Faith Camp Stateside Mission
Trips / FMC Run Retreats:
● Available to staff and help coordinate all FMC run programs (eg. Stateside service trips, FMC led retreats, Come & See, YIR, Faith Camp)
● Available to support visiting groups in areas of need (music ministry, prayer ministry, giving talks, discipleship)
● Coordinate Logistics and Administrative responsibilities with Mission Trip Coordinator and Camp & Retreats Manager as needed
○ I.e. assisting with budgeting/accounting, staffing, orientation, scheduling, promotion, communication with FMC staff and inquiring groups, etc.
Into the Deep
● Be trained in and subsequently assume primary responsibility for administration of FMC’s Into the Deep Missionary Discipleship Program
● Communicate with Accounting, Partnership Services, Design and Marketing, parishes, missionary groups and individuals, video manager, and website developers
● Serve as point person for all questions, concerns, and inquiries about ITD
● Monitor orders and ensure parish registrations receive printed materials
● Monitor each website page (landing page, purchasing cart, account home, and learning module) for proper operation (i.e. checking all links, grammar, videos, etc. are correctly placed and working)
● Work with Marketing on promotional ideas and materials – emails, social media posts, videos, flyers, etc. ○ Assist with and approve all design elements when appropriate
○ May include promoting through individual phone calls with parishes/individual inquiries and/or giving presentations Mission Nights, Missions Gala,
● Coordinate with Development Team and Other Advancement Department team members to promote and facilitate special events and annual events, such as, but not limited to, Mission Gala, Mission Nights, SOLA Giving Day, etc… Retreats Hospitality
● Be second point person to assist Camp Manager as needed in welcoming retreat groups upon arrival (once retreats are at full capacity, this responsibility may be alternated with “on” and “off” weekends, also hospitality for retreats may be share
○ Show them the property
○ Show them locations for basic needs
■ I.e. garbage bags, toilet paper, trash bins, etc.
○ Communicate regarding food plans & liaise w Caterer as needed
○ Communicate clean up expectations
○ Give them emergency contact number
○ Pray for/with them for the retreat’s success
● Act as point of contact for emergency or general needs for groups
● Follow up with group leaders after the retreat to garner, parse, and implement feedback to improve guest experience
● Staging venues per retreat needs & FMC standards (ensure everything is at it’s best)
● Coordinate with the Camp Manager, Cleaning Crew & Maintenance team for pre and post retreat set up.
● Ensure the venue quality and appearance is maintained at a high standard between bookings
● Responsible for spot cleaning & supplemental/intra retreat cleaning & light cleaning when full cleaning service is not required (such as before and after light day retreats, and during/throughout multiple day retreats)
● Tell Camp & Retreat Manager of unusual cleaning needs or damaged property from the retreat (Use Post Retreat Checklist to check for Damages – Label, Date and Sign)
● Check and review Kitchen Supply checklist (Label, Date and Sign) to be sure all items are accounted for. Communicate accordingly if any items are missing/broken.
● Review Group Departure Checklist (Label, Date & Sign) to be sure all of the groups responsibilities have been fulfilled.
● Perform all Sacristan duties (Maintain checklist) in upkeep of the chapel’s and their readiness for celebration of the sacraments (straighten pews as needed, coordinate cleaning of linens).
REPORTING AND SUPERVISION
Direct supervision and reporting shall be by and to the Director of Mission Advancement. Approval of hours & tracking for payment shall be by the Director of Mission Advancement.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
● Strong belief in and dedication to the mission of Family Missions Company
● Background in retreat, camp, parish, and/or youth ministries (preferred)
● Experience in Events management, customer experience, and hospitality roles (preferred)
● Experience in leadership and management (preferred), highly organized and able to create and follow processes
● Strong interpersonal and ministry skills
● Creative and strategic problem solving skills
● Thrives in both individual and collaborative work
● Driven toward Excellence and Continuous improvement
● Attention to Detail, Hardworking and Committed to seeing projects through
● Willingness to live on-site and fundraise salary (training and coaching options available)
SALARY RANGE & HOUSING Expected salary range is $35-40K with potential for housing provided on-site. Actual hiring range may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Family Missions Company is a group lay, Catholic disciples of Jesus Christ, preaching the Gospel and serving the poor and making disciples of all nations. We train, send out, and support lay Catholic missionaries all over the world.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com Your cover letter should include the position you are applying for and why you feel you would be a great fit. Thank you so Much for your interest!