You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Waco, Texas
ST. JEROME CATHOLIC CHURCH – WACO, TEXAS
Pastoral and Communications Director
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Catholic Requirement: Yes
The Pastoral and Communications Director directs and supervises the ministry, liturgical and faith formation of the parish and generally the spiritual life of the parish on behalf of and with Pastor. This position is responsible for internal and external communications and public relations for the parish. The Pastoral and Communications Director helps live out the vision of the Parish, to experience Christ’s love and saving presence in our local community. This position reports to the Pastor and operates with some latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
● As an integral part of your ministry for the Church as carried out in this position, support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic ministry and the mission of the parish in both your professional and personal life.
● Act as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
● Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities as directed.
● Coordinate a team of technology volunteers to assist with technology needs in parish such as running the camera during mass and events.
● Schedule and lead regular ministry leader meetings.
● Coordinate with the Business Manager on items related to funding, schedule and facilities.
● Attend weekly Parish Leadership Team (PLT) meetings as a team member and staff meetings as directed by Pastor.
● Supervise faith formation (elementary middle and high school, adult directors/coordinators, music director and liturgical coordinator), guiding them to work toward fulfilling our parish mission and vision.
● Coordinate with the Business Manager to hire, train, and evaluate all of the above employees in consultation with Pastor.
● Coordinate volunteer ministry leaders.
● Coordinate parish retreats, parish mission and speakers.
● Ensure consistency of parish brand and mission through consistent use of logo and message that matches parish mission.
• Develop and maintain communication plan to be used by all staff, PLT, councils and ministries.
● Manage and update parish website and parish social media accounts.
• Create marketing materials including but not limited to ministries, parish events, sacraments and more.
• Compile and edit weekly church bulletin ensuring that all information is appropriate and timely.
● Promote parish-wide events in local media publications (e.g. Catholic Spirit) and other Waco Catholic parish bulletins.
● Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Knowledge of the structure and basic teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
● Skill in operating position-appropriate technology, including Microsoft Office, Web Design (Canva), Google Calendars, Facebook and other social media platforms.
● Skill in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
● Skill in working collaboratively with others.
● Ability to effectively present information.
● Ability to work independently.
● Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, religious and laity.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
● Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
● Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
● Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
Education and Training
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, ministry, theology or related field from an accredited American college or university or equivalent in a foreign country.
● Experience in web-design and graphic design.
● Experience working in Ministry Leadership.
● English (proficient in conversing, reading, and writing).
● Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
● Valid Texas driver’s license.
● Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Louie Leanos at email@example.com
At St. Jerome Catholic Church, we are a Christocentric, missionary focused parish that is looking to have our Pastor supported in the two most important (and equal) primary areas of our parish; business and ministry. To have everyone “experience Christ’s love and saving presence in our local community” is our goal; therefore, our Parish Leadership Team has implemented, in action, the Amazing Parish model. Now we are taking the next step, according to the Lord’s will to provide additional support to our Pastor in the area of Ministry at St. Jerome. To accomplish this we have recently restructured staffing to open a new position; Pastoral and Communications Director! While our business manager will provide the support to the Pastor in the day to day business the new position of Pastoral and Communications Director will support our pastor with all programs and communication that are ministry related. The new Director will oversee/supervise – via prayer & joyful support – the Director of Youth Ministry, DRE, Worship Coordinator, Music Ministry and all Volunteer Ministries at St. Jerome. In addition the communication of what is taking place within those ministries on a weekly basis will be the responsibility of the new Director. So, if you are tech savvy, great at organization, efficient in communication and most importantly are a charismatic prayerful ministry leader that follows the guidance of the Holy Spirit in every aspect of your life we would greatly appreciate receiving your cover letter and resume so that we can pray & discern with you about entering this new position so as to support our Pastor and ministries at St. Jerome.