You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Kirkland WA
The purpose of this position is to implement the parish’s commitment to quality Sr. High youth ministry in a comprehensive manner. This includes the elements of catechesis, evangelization, social action, community building, spirituality, liturgy, guidance, enablement and advocacy.
Further, the position collaborates with the Pastor and staff in implementing the overall mission of the parish by participating in the comprehensive planning, implementation and evaluation of the parish’s programs, goals and objectives, with specific focus on senior high youth ministry, grades 9-12.
This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position. Includes evening and weekend work.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Presents the Catholic faith to parish youth, drawing on the Life Teen Program (see components below) and other curriculum materials, encourages their growth through the study of and participation in scripture, prayer, fellowship and service.
2. Collaborates with other Youth Ministry/Faith Formation staff in planning and implementing ministry programs including the Sunday evening programs, planning meetings, Bible studies, small groups, social events, retreats and conferences, and mission projects. Coordinates teaching responsibilities on Sunday evenings.
3. Assists in the recruitment, training, formation and supervision of volunteer Core leaders and provides encouragement in their ministry with students. See job component number nine below.
4. Initiates contact with parish students in order to build relationships wherein the gospel message can be communicated through words and actions. Relational time with students may include activities such as attending extracurricular events, spending time in the Youth Center, etc. Also maintains regular communication that keeps parents informed of youth ministry issues and events.
5. Assists the PA for Junior High in Coordinating the youth Confirmation preparation program on an annual basis including schedule, content, budget, facilitator training, parent involvement, retreats and the liturgy itself (see components below).
6. Coordinates the Christian Initiation of Adults (adapted for teens) process for senior high age youth in collaboration with the staff position that directs this program.
7. Designs and coordinates the Parent Life Program for parents of middle and high school students, including curriculum planning, scheduling, presentations, and other needs as identified throughout the year. The goal is to provide opportunity for parental engagement, a sharing community and expand Sr. and Jr. High programs into the domestic church.
8. Provides continual evaluation of senior high youth programs, making adjustments and recommendations as needed to meet the dynamic needs of a growing Church.
9. Directs the programs overseen by this position in accord with parish, archdiocesan and universal Church teachings, norms, guidelines, policies and procedures, including planning, promotion, implementation and annual evaluation of program content, materials, methodology, format and social networking components.
10. Assures the recruitment, training, motivation, support and evaluation of parish volunteers who work to accomplish the goals and objectives of the programs overseen by this position. Assures completion of documentation and training for these volunteers in the parish Safe Environment Program. Facilitates the personal faith growth among the volunteers that enhances them as a small Christian community.
11. Assures the purchase and allocation of all materials and equipment, including books, audio-visual materials, general supplies and all other resources necessary to implement the programs overseen by this position.
12. Oversees the development and maintenance of current, accurate and confidential record-keeping systems for the programs overseen by this position and provides for all necessary support services.
13. Assures the appropriate program budget is prepared and submitted on a timely basis and, once approved, authorizes and monitors the expenditures of the budget in a prudent manner.
14. Participates in pastoral and general staff meetings on a regular basis including occasional retreats, trainings, and socials. Serves as a resource to the staff, including the school, in matters of senior high youth ministry. Collaborates as appropriate in regional or deanery planning and program efforts.
15. Maintains a level of personal spiritual and professional skill growth required for this position by reading and studying appropriate materials; attending workshops, conferences and retreats; and participating in approved professional organizations.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Holy Family Parish, a vibrant community of over 2000 families, in Kirkland WA is seeking a faith-filled and energetic full-time Pastoral Assistant to implement the parish’s commitment to quality Sr. High youth ministry om collaboration with our full-time Jr. High Youth Minister. This includes the elements of catechesis, evangelization, social action, community building, spirituality, liturgy, guidance, enablement, and advocacy. Additionally, this position will envision, define, and execute in collaboration with our Jr. High Youth Minister, a new Parent Life Program geared to providing opportunity for parental engagement.
For more information, please review the full job description go to https://www.hfkparish.com/166. If interested, send cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.