You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Grand Coteau, Louisiana
Position Summary: The youth minister (YM) coordinates the evangelization, catechesis, formation, and
mission to young people from grades 9 – 12, drawing largely on Life Teen resources. The duties will
include leading weekly or bi-weekly gatherings, monthly activities, yearly retreats, and sacramental
preparation. The YM also administers the confirmation program using Life Teen’s Purpose program.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the evangelization and ministry to all teens in the parish, based on the 1997 USCCB
document, Renewing The Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
• Develop curriculum for a comprehensive youth ministry program for grades 9-12.
• Serve as a member of the parish staff. Attend all staff meetings, retreats, faith formation.
• Recruit, train, and support adult volunteers for the Youth Leadership Core Team, which assists in
planning, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive youth ministry program.
• Administer and lead the parish’s Confirmation program.
• Organize confession for youth, twice per year.
• Coordinate youth participation in parish liturgies as well as Exposition and Adoration of the
• Communicate regularly and effectively to the parish, the staff, and the parish council about
youth ministry activities.
• Spend time in relational ministry with youth (at least one-third of working hours). Besides the
scheduled ministry events of our program, this should include things like attending high schools
special events, such as Masses, sporting, cultural, and social events.
• Engage in ongoing personal education, faith formation, and youth ministry training.
• Connect and coordinate with other youth ministry groups, offices, and committees in the
diocese and in appropriate professional associations.
• Work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Organize and develop fundraising for youth events, trips, projects.
• Youth ministry experience (as leader or participant) in a catholic parish (1-3 years)
• Bachelor or higher degree in Theology, Ministry, or related field; or a combination of education
and experience will be considered.
• Certification in Youth Ministry. (Can complete this while on the job).
• A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church and an active member of a Roman
Catholic Parish, fully supportive of the Church’s authentic magisterium. Must model Catholic
vocation and moral life.
• Must have a passion for the evangelization of teens and youth ministry, rooted in a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ in faithful obedience to His Church.
• Someone who is energized by conversation and engagement with teens.
• Good communication skills with teens and their parents
• Good public relations skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
in a positive and professional manner.
• Good leadership, administrative, planning, and organizational skills.
• Technology skills, especially in the area of communication through social media, as well as basic
computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
• Successful completion of the Parish Safe Environment process.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality.
Interested applicants are asked to send their resumes to Ms. Mary Anne Matte, Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.