You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Overland Park, KS
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by assisting in the implementation of an effective outreach program with a focus on parishes and schools within the 21 counties of the Archdiocese. Ensure the coordination of parish, school and community partner support of the Mission of Catholic Charities. EEO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement, develop and execute an overarching strategic plan for collaboration between Catholic Charities, parishes and schools within the Archdiocese in both education and service opportunities within and outside the KC metro.
• Work with Catholic Charities staff to respond to requests to attend parish/school events to strengthen our presence in the community.
• Coordinate with Volunteer staff and other programming staff to help meet the volunteer needs of Catholic Charities.
• Coordinate with Development staff and other programming staff to help facilitate the material and gift-in-kind needs of Catholic Charities.
• Promote the mission of Catholic Charities in parishes, schools and in the community.
• Host events, prepare presentations and provide assistance at events that may occur outside regular working hours.
• Assist the Director of Community Engagement in responding to requests for presentations, speakers and programming in parishes.
• In collaboration with Outreach staff create educational and service opportunities for schools, volunteers and parishes.
• Facilitate and/or assist with Parish/School Serve Days
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
• Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
• Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
• Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
• Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
• Flexibility with work schedule to attend after-hour events and/or weekend events
• Two-four years’ experience working in a Catholic parish, Catholic School or other Catholic organization is strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Education or related field is strongly preferred
• Experience with developing and teaching catechetical lessons is strongly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas volunteers, colleagues, contractors, and funding sources.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Competency with Excel, Google Sheets and PowerPoint is strongly preferred
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
• Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
• Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Founded in 1956, Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas is a ministry of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. Our purpose is to animate the Gospel of Jesus Christ by putting love into action through specialized programs and services for those in need. Staff and volunteers embrace the broadest definition of “who is our neighbor,” serving not only the Catholic community but all faiths across 21 counties in Northeast Kansas.
To animate the Gospel of Jesus Christ by putting love into action.
We serve our neighbors, of all faiths, through Help, Hope, and Hospitality.
Catholic Charities is Inspired by Love, Rooted in Faith, and United in service.
Apply online: https://catholiccharitiesks.org/careers