You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Second Sunday in Lent with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Rapid City, SD
The Youth Evangelist (YE) provides vision and coordination for the parish’s efforts in ministry to young people from 6th through 12th grades. This includes high school and middle school sessions and sacramental preparation (confirmation). The Youth Evangelist will assist the Director of Evangelization in the care, guidance and growth of the parish community. The primary mission of the YE is to bring others to Christ by evangelizing, teaching, forming, and guiding the faithful in their faith journey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop/continue to grow, with the Director of Evangelization, an effective plan for evangelizing youth within and outside the parish church.
• Draw on personal strengths and creativity to develop new avenues to form and evangelize the faith community.
• Develop and manage curriculum for middle school (EDGE) and high school (LIFETEEN) youth programs in collaboration with the Director of Evangelization.
• Work and maintain budget in conjunction with Director.
• Communicate up-to-date information and promotional materials on the parish website, bulletin and social media platforms.
• Serve students at larger events such as Steubenville, World Youth Day, Totus Tuus, Summer Stretch, etc.)
• Schedule and coordinate a yearly retreat for middle school, high school, and confirmation students.
• Coordinate and perform record keeping of student participation and confirmation paperwork.
• Assist in the administrative and clerical support needs of the Faith Formation department
• Engage in relational ministry with students outside of the parish.
• Promote and arrange social opportunities through age-appropriate activities for youth.
• Recruit, coordinate, and train Core Team members.
• Collaborate with other parish ministries, particularly the Faith Formation team. Participation in diocesan-sponsored events as appropriate.
• Host, plan, and organize XLT events.
• Advertise, plan, and host yearly parent information meetings for Confirmation.
• Implement and lead Confirmation sessions.
• Plan and oversee Confirmation Mass.
Blessed Sacrament serves approximately 1600 families in Rapid City, SD.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.