You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Roller Coasters. Funnel Cake. A sound caught somewhere between a laugh and a scream. Today, the Road to Emmaus might look a little different, but the purpose is still the same: walk with them.
We’ve crafted an entire weekend with the sole focus of helping you start solid youth ministry in your parish! We’ll be walking through the essential components for launching or revitalizing youth ministry. You can expect to receive a systematic, comprehensive introduction to quality youth ministry along with the practical steps to make it happen. And, because youth ministry flows to and from the sacraments, this training won't just be about the logistics of ministry, but will also provide you an opportunity to renew your own relationship with Christ.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Check out our featured products now!
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: Des Moines, IA
ALL SAINTS CATHOLIC CHURCH
LITURGICAL MUSIC DIRECTOR
Role Specifics (in compliance with Department of Labor FLSA policies):
• Position: Liturgical Music Director
• Status: Part time, salaried exempt, averaging 20 hours per week, on-call as needed, 12 months per year
• Supervisor: Pastor
Primary Job Function:
• The Director of Music proclaims the Gospel primarily through the enhancement of the liturgy through the music.
• BA in Music with experience in choral conducting is required.
• Willingness to attend the NPM conventions to seek continued professional education and spiritual formation.
• Supervise direct report employees and volunteers
• Plan and coordinate liturgical music for Sunday liturgies, holy days, and prayer services
o Schedule all musicians/accompanists and have music ready for their use
o Recruit and provide help to song leaders/cantors, choir members, instrumentalists, organists, pianists, and prepare them for liturgical celebration(s)
o Prepare music worship aids for parishioner use when needed
• Organize and direct an adult choir that would be available for Sunday liturgies and special occasions throughout the year
• Be a resource for the children’s choir and the junior high/high school choir
• Work with the Religious Education staff in providing the music needs of the RE program
• Establish and maintain an annual music ministry budget
• Attend parish staff meetings
• Attend parish Liturgy Committee meetings, if applicable
• Utilize resources for professional growth in the field of liturgy and church music
• Develop and maintain a library of music resources
• Assist with planning funeral liturgies when needed
• Meet with engaged couples to help plan the wedding liturgy when requested
• Meet with the pastor monthly, or as needed, to ensure continuity in the liturgy
• Pastor–immediate supervisor
• Parish Staff–close cooperation and communication and seek staff involvement and input when appropriate
• Direct report employees and volunteers
• Liturgy Committee, if applicable
• Diocesan Director of Worship
Position Specific Requirements:
• Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
– Organizational skills
– Music skills: vocal and/or instrumental competency with keyboard as preference
– Working knowledge of liturgy documents and principals
– Ability to work with and supervise direct report employees and volunteers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Job Requirements:
• Primarily indoor office/church setting with telephone, computer work, music instruments, staff/parishioner contact, occasional outdoor activities, and some travel outside of normal business hours
• Flexibility of hours to meet the demands of the job
• General business casual attire and/or as appropriate for the job duties
• PC literate with some working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Must be able to take initiative, communicate and work well with others, make good sound decisions, and demonstrate strong planning and organizing skills
• Essential to collaborate well with all members of the parish community as they prepare and gather to worship
• Engaged in organizing, instructing, and enabling others as needed to be conscious and active participants in our faith community and for the liturgical life of our parish
All Saints is a medium sized parish located on the northern edge of Iowa’s capital city, Des Moines. Despite being a “big” city parish it has maintained its warmth and hospitality fostered during its very simple beginning. Our community comes together expressing our love of Jesus Christ through celebration of the Eucharist. Enlightened by the Holy Spirit, we gather as one family, rich in culture and tradition, willing to share our gifts with all, and working together to fulfill our baptismal promises.
Resumes can be sent to Fr. Robert Harris at the address below no later than November 1, 2022.
Fr. Robert Harris
All Saints Catholic Church
650 NE 52nd Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50023