You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: Brookhaven, GA
The Life Teen Mass Worship Leader is responsible for selecting, planning, and leading music at the 5:30 Sunday Mass using contemporary worship music. This person will lead and coordinate a band consisting of other instrumentalists and singers, but will also be capable of singing and playing on their own if necessary.
Select Music to be played at 5:30 Sunday Mass (15%)
– Selects music appropriate for worship during the Catholic Mass. The music selected at Mass should be theologically sound, fitting for the Liturgical Season/Feast day, and also be played in such a way that draws the congregation into deep and powerful prayer.
– Develops a comprehensive repertoire of songs (fitting the above description) for our congregation to become familiar with that consists of contemporary worship music and some timeless hymns.
– Uses resources such as CCLI, the Life Teen Liturgy Planning Guide, WorshipNow, Spirit & Song, OCP, Voices as One, and more.
– Ensures that the songs which are used at Mass are relatively easy to learn and sing for the average person in the pews.
Prepare music to be played at the 5:30 Mass (20%)
– Obtains chord charts or sheet music for each song played during Mass, making sure that songs are played in such a key that the average person can sing without too much difficulty.
– Distributes chord charts and sheet music to the Life Teen Band.
– Type up song sheets each week, which should be sent to the Liturgy Coordinator to be printed.
Recruit, Coordinate, lead, & work with volunteer musicians (30%)
– Recruits capable volunteer musicians (both adults and teens) who are able to play an instrument and/or sing. Desired instruments include (but may not be limited to) Piano, Bass guitar, Electric and Acoustic guitar, drums, and keyboards.
– Coordinates and communicates with band members to ensure they have what they need to learn the music prior to arriving at Church on Sunday.
– If necessary, develops a rotation of musicians and/or singers.
– Rehearses at least once a week with band members to ensure music is played with quality and excellence during Mass.
Play Music at 5:30 Sunday Mass (20%)
– Arrives in Sanctuary 30-45 minutes before Mass begins to set up and conduct a quick sound check and run through songs as needed.
– Speaks with priest/deacon 10-15 minutes before every Mass to ensure everyone is on the same page.
– Leads worship during Mass with a band, or alone on weeks that it is necessary to do so.
– Stays attentive to priest and deacon during Mass as music is being played.
– After Mass, ensures that music area is cleaned up and left as it was found.
Lead worship at occasional Life Nights or Weekend Retreats (8%)
– Collaborates with the Director of Youth Ministry to select music for the sessions.
– Plays and sings to lead worship.
Other Responsibilities (7%)
– Capable of working with the sound system at the parish to ensure music is being heard at an acceptable quality.
– Willing to step up and help as needed with special liturgies such as Holy Week or Christmas.
Our Lady of the Assumption is a diverse and growing parish located in Brookhaven, Georgia with over 1,500 registered individuals and families who are deeply involved as stewards to the parish and to the Brookhaven community.
We seek to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, within the Catholic tradition. Informed by the spirit of the Society of Mary (Marists), the ideal to live like Christ in the world, is expressed in our parish under the broad areas of Worship, Education and Service. As a Marist community: “We carry out the Ministry of Jesus, the Christ, in the compassionate Spirit of Mary.”
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Benny Strozier, firstname.lastname@example.org.