You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Purpose of Position:
To further develop teen’s relationship with Christ and his Church. To challenge teens to respond to God’s call to serve in their community and world by creating and implementing a comprehensive youth ministry. The desired ministry would provide a safe and inclusive environment for discipleship; group building; spiritual growth; youth leadership, involvement in parish life, and community service for high school youth.
The High School youth ministry is a member of the parish staff that is under the direction of the Pastor along with the Director of Religious Education.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must be a practicing and active member of the Catholic Church
2. Recent youth ministry experience or other Catholic ministries are preferred but not required.
3. Must have a vision and demonstrate ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a comprehensive Youth Program
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, computer skills, and proficient social media platforms.
5. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers, as well as parish staff
6. Youth Minister must be able to take feedback given and to follow through with expectations to implement a successful program
● Planning, organizing, and implementing 3 programs per week during the school year; teaching catechesis class for 9-12th graders on Sunday mornings, running Sunday evening Youth Nights, and leading a weekly co-ed Bible study.
● Utilizing LifeTeen or other appropriate resources for faith formation on Sundays.
● Schedule a calendar prior to the semester and summertime events.
● Weekly Program responsibilities:
o Catechesis Class: prepare lessons and find resources for class
o Youth/ Week Nights: purchase materials, coordinate with Core Team for preparations, coordinate meals, and clean up
● Lead and coordinate trips and retreats for teens, responsibilities include promoting and registration of teens.
● Report and communicate regularly with Pastor and meet with DRE on a weekly basis update and collaborate youth activities
● Update and promote youth events in the bulletin, social media, and OLS Youth Website
● Coordinating the recruitment, training, support, and evaluation of Core Team members in the High School Youth Program
● Create continuity between Middle School and High School Programs to help transitions between programs.
● Foster opportunities for teens to actively participate in parish life and community.
● Assist with Confirmation Preparation as directed by the DRE
● Keep accurate records of spending for accounting purposes, and use budget responsibly.
● Work closely with the Parent Action Committee (PAC) to support their leadership and collaboration in planning and coordinating youth events.
● Conduct bi-annually parent meetings with middle school youth ministry leader
● Participating in the monthly youth minister gatherings and events led by the diocese
Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church was dedicated on January 17, 1960.
Please contact Suzanne Corso at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 871-1431.