You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Noblesville, IN
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church is seeking a full-time High School Youth Minister. This position will work as part of a Youth & Young Adult Ministry team to coordinate high school youth ministry and preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Youth Minister will have the opportunity to work with people in a variety of ways: as a guide and mentor for teens, as a partner with parents/families, and as a leader for a dedicated group of volunteers. The goal of the Youth Minister is to grow one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church in the parish and in Noblesville.
Some responsibilities of this position include: coordinating weekly youth ministry sessions for high school youth, organizing retreats and special events, coordinating a two-year Confirmation preparation program, and regularly communicating with teens, volunteers, and families.
An excellent candidate for this position would be gifted at relational ministry and possess outstanding communication skills. He/she would be seeking a flexible schedule but a willingness to work some nights and weekends. The candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree and would be a role model for living the Catholic faith.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The High School Youth Minister works as part of a team to coordinate Life Teen ministries and Confirmation Sacramental preparation for high school religious education students at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church. The youth minister oversees all ministerial, programming, volunteer, retreat/event, and administrative aspects of Life Teen and Confirmation. The youth minister is responsible for adhering to parish and diocesan policies and procedures related to youth ministry. The youth minister will strive to grow one, holy, catholic and apostolic church.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Youth Minister (Life Teen & Confirmation)
• Coordinate weekly programming for high school students to form them in their Catholic faith.
• Recruit, organize, develop, strengthen, and support multigenerational Core Teams of volunteers to assist in leading the regular ministry programming, mentoring Confirmation candidates, and facilitating special events.
• Prepare and lead faith opportunities for students such as retreats, rallies, lock-ins, conferences, service projects, or mission trips.
• Coordinate invitation, documentation, and preparation for students (and their families) for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
• Ensure that all programs and personnel reflect the priority to safeguard young people and provide safe environments for their faith development.
• Cultivate and maintain ministerial relationships with youth ministry students, parents, and volunteers.
• Communicate ministry information and Gospel messages with students, parents, and parishioners in an effective manner.
• Evaluate youth ministry programs.
• Collaborate with other parish leaders by attending staff and department meetings as well as working in conjunction with their ministries to advocate for youth and assist total parish growth.
• Supervises volunteers and core team.
• Assist Coordinator of Youth & Young Adult Ministry with preparing and monitoring annual budget.
• Satisfactorily complete all Parish and Diocesan paperwork requirements including but not limited to a criminal background check, safe environment training, and online safety certification courses
• Cultivate one’s own professional and personal development through education and an annual retreat.
• Participate in youth ministry and activities in the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana.
• Attend parish pastoral staff meetings.
• Discharges other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Faithful and joyful Catholic in good standing who desires to share love for God and Church with others.
• Strong ability to build faith-filled relationships with youth, families, and volunteers.
• Significant knowledge of and experience working with youth and young adults.
• Excellence in oral and written communication, including public speaking and social media resources within responsible use according to diocesan guidelines.
• Be consistently available to minister on nights and weekends.
• Self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead on projects, events, and ministry activities.
• Team player who can thrive within a staff youth ministry team and multiple volunteer ministry teams.
• Recruiting and organizational skills.
• Aptitude for high quality event planning.
• Proficiency in training, supervision, and effective meeting and small group facilitation.
• Experience in catechetical programming development.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google Drive applications.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience in professional youth ministry.
• Bilingual fluency (English & Spanish).
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Pastoral Ministry or related field.
Our Lady of Grace is a vibrant parish and Catholic school in Noblesville, Indiana that has been building a dynamic, thriving youth ministry program for 20+ years. If you want to work at a place with pastor support, a flexible schedule, emphasis on Truth, outrageous fun, innovative ways to reach youth, and a competitive salary, Our Lady of Grace is for you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Larry Kunkel at LKunkel@parish.dol-in.org or to 9900 E 191st St, Noblesville, IN 46060 by June 1, 2022.