You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Williamsville, NY
The Call: Do you love Jesus? Are you passionate about the Catholic faith and youth? Do you have a servant’s heart and a soul open to the Holy Spirit’s promptings? Do like to have outrageous fun? Are you full of vision and vigor? Are you ready to make a difference in parish families lives? Are you always learning, growing, and being stretched? Do you desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself?
Then St. Greg’s Youth & Young Adult Ministry is looking for someone like you to make young disciples through the mission of “leading people to Christ through authentic holiness and radical hospitality”. Our ideal candidate will develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of Catholic teaching, sacraments, discipleship, community, service, social, and evangelization) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model for high school ages between 9th-12th grades.
• Pray, work, and play hard.
• Building and fostering faithful community with various weekly and monthly gatherings and events that are focused on the mission, ex. Life Teen on Sunday nights, SWAT on Wednesday nights, and other offerings to be developed etc.
• Creating and fostering healthy relationships with teens and their families of the parish. Will engage families of Family Faith Formation with opportunities for evangelization.
• Contributing to a healthy parish culture.
• Pursuing relational and evangelical ministry opportunities on and off campus.
• Offering challenging and deepening faith events.
• Communications and media literacy: including building and maintaining the website, social media, monthly newsletter, pro-presenter, as well as photo and video editing. (or a willingness to learn)
• Procuring and executing fundraising opportunities.
• Planning and providing logistics for large events, trips, and numerous retreats: including Spring Retreat, Hidden Lake, etc.
• Coordinating and developing of support teams: Core Team, Parent Team, etc.
• Collaborating with Parish and Diocesan leaders and other youth ministers to develop and execute multi-ministry projects: including XLT and retreats, etc.
• May be required to lead/support/participate in some middle school or young adult events if the need arises.
• Can take direction as well as give and receive input.
• Standard office and premise cleanliness/etiquette/organization related to usual work and event efforts. “We leave things better than we got them.”
Other Duties as Assigned
Parish ministry collaboration
The High School Youth Minister of St. Greg’s Youth Ministry will be responsible for working with the staff at the Family Faith Formation department to present on certain topics in the classrooms and to plan and execute the Confirmation retreats. They will also be working with the staff of Family Faith Formation to coordinate talks and be available to present on specific topics such as moral decision making and morality classes for students. The Youth Minister will also be growing relationships with other youth orientated ministries such as the Boy Scouts, altar servers, etc. The Youth Minister is also expected to offer support and collaboration for various larger parish-wide events.
High School Core Team, Parent Team
Education: Associate degree or higher, Bachelors degree preferred
Experience: 3-5 years youth ministry experience
Special Skills: Active prayer life, knowledge of the Catholic faith, strong leadership and vision, communications and public speaking, energetic about youth, loves using technology and social media as tools, team player, proficient with administrative tasks, personally and professionally growth oriented
The SGYM3 Advantage
• Work on a faithful, fun, and engaging youth ministry team at the largest parish in the Diocese of Buffalo with over 6,100 families (that’s over 17,000 people). We have three full-time members and over 40 volunteers associated with the youth and young adult ministry and impact hundreds of youth and young adult over the year.
• We also have great support from our music ministry, with the associate director specializing in youth and praise & worship to integrate into the vision.
• Opportunities to dream and do as you unfold a vision for high school youth ministry into the future.
• There is a lot of support for this established program from the pastor & priests, staff, parish, families, and youth. Collaborative environment with other ministries and leaders.
• While the rewards are heavenly, we offer full-time pay and benefits.
• Flexible schedule.
You can check out our website at stgregsYM.org and see our youth and young adult programs in action through Instagram (@stgregsyouth & @stgregsyoungadults) to see our culture and programing.
You can send a cover letter and resume to Adam Jarosz, the Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministry, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is by 12/31/19