You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the 20th Sunday of Ordinary Time with Chika Anyanwu.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Pinner, UK
What we offer:
• An in-depth formation programme focussing on the four pillars of Christian formation
(the human person, intellect, prayer/spiritual and apostolate/ministry).
• The opportunity to live and grow in community with other young Catholics.
• A regular prayer rhythm centred around Adoration and Liturgy of the Hours.
• Work with young people, helping to improve your confidence, communication, and leadership skills.
• Free accommodation and food in a beautiful house, parts of which date back to the 1500s, located in stunning grounds.
• The chance to spend a year living and working in the vibrant capital of London.
• £210 monthly stipend / allowance for toiletries, personal travel and food on off days
What we’re looking for:
• Openness to the Holy Spirit.
• Passionate young Catholics (aged 18-25) with a desire to serve God and his people in the New Evangelisation.
• Availability to make a one year commitment (August 2018 – July 2019).
• Good level of English.
• Have a European passport or eligibility for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa (CAN, AUS, NZ).
• Americans can apply and we will refer them upon acceptance to our partner organization, TfG (Time for God) for their procedures and visa. £2000 fundraising and flight costs.
We are SPEC (speculum vitae – mirror to life), the retreat centre for young people in Pinner, NW London, UK of the diocese of Westminster.
We strive to be a formation house (community living, praying, formation sessions) for our missionaries in the new evangelisation out of which flows our mission and ministry with the young people of our diocese that come on retreat with us.
The young people of the Catholic schools (predominantly middle and high school and 5th graders) and parishes (confirmation groups) of Westminster diocese come on retreat on our beautiful 7 acre property during week days and weekends. We currently have 12 missionaries that serve with us on a voluntary basis for a 1 year commitment to assist in running the retreats. After the month of induction (mid-August to September) when our missionaries arrive, we continue to have two formation slots every Tuesday, keeping that day as a conscious community day. We strive to be both a formation house and a retreat centre because when the missionaries are well invested in, the retreats will automatically be better and more authentic as well. We have a prayer rhythm and our own chapel and a rule of life (modeled with permission after the Life Teen rule of life for missions).
This past year we completed our new building for residential retreats. We are currently actively recruiting for around 14 missionaries aged 18-25 to serve the Lord in His vineyard here in London ministering to the young people of the Westminster diocese for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Visit our website at http://dowym.com/spec/volunteer/ to read more about what we do and to take a look at our missionary application forms and rule of life.
You can also find us on Facebook (@speccentre) for constant updates about life and ministry at SPEC and message us there as well with any questions you may have or email me directly at email@example.com
DEADLINE: APRIL 2018