You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for Pentecost Sunday with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Corsicana, TX
IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CATHOLIC PARISH/CORSICANA TEXAS
3000 W. Hwy. 22/Corsicana TX 75110
FAMILY LIFE MINISTER/MUSIC
General Summary of the Position
To develop and implement activities and programs designed to build up the faith life of families, adults and teens in the parish for the purpose of enriching the faith life of the whole parish. To assess
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Serves as parish advocate for families. Reviews policy and procedures for inclusion of the Family Perspective.
• Serves by maintaining a network of professional providers for counseling and referrals.
• Supervises the Engaged and Marriage Ministry Programs.
• Supervises recruitment and training of lay volunteers who assist in programs and activities of the Family Life Ministry.
• Is an active member of the sacramental team.
• Coordinates a weekly Social Night for Teens
• Is a resource for existing ministries.
• Identifies developing parish needs and establishes new parish ministries and programs accordingly.
• Maintains records of parish participation in Family Life Programs and report regularly to the Pastor.
• Offers Annulment advocate services for parishioners.
• Develops and organizes Parish Community Education Enrichment Programs.
• Can minister effectively in both English and Spanish.
• Reports directly to the Pastor.
• Provides English baptism classes for parents and godparents.
• Musical Ability a plus.
• Background in, appreciation of contemporary theology, adult formation and spirituality.
• Knowledge of adult faith formation and learning styles.
• Skills in group dynamics.
• Competence in budget planning, recruitment, evaluation and supervision.
• Implement all diocesan, parish administrative policies as directed or as written in policy handbooks
• Collaborate with parish staff with registration, accounting, publications, records, curriculum and volunteer utilization
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Theology, Catechetics, Youth Ministry or related field) OR a minimum of two years’ experience in ministry and a PRACTICING CATHOLIC.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, computer skills, and a strong understanding and ability to articulate Catholic Teaching and catechetical method. Capable of learning specific computer programs, up to date on social media networking. (Experienced using social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.)
• Musical background helpful to lead praise and worship.
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church is the oldest operating parish in the Diocese of Dallas. We have 1,200 registered families; seventy percent Hispanic and thirty percent English speaking parishioners. We are considered a rural parish, 60 miles south of Dallas and located on 24 beautiful acres. Our mission at Immaculate Conception is directed toward the evangelization of our young people and parishioners, leading them to know and love Christ and His Church!
contact via email:
Contact by mail:
Marge Hensley/Immaculate Conception Catholic Church/P.O. Box 798, Corsicana, TX 75151