You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Denver, CO
The Parish Evangelization Specialist is responsible for assisting pastors and parish leaders in implementing and developing various programs and initiatives in the areas of evangelization, discipleship, and the training and commissioning of apostolic leaders. This position requires a dynamic person who can interact with a variety of personalities, easily adapt to quickly changing situations, and is passionate about helping parishes further the mission of Jesus Christ.
This position requires a broad familiarity and working knowledge of activities and resources concerning evangelization, discipleship, marriage, natural family planning, family life, youth ministry, young adult ministry, and campus ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Essential duties and responsibilities of the Parish Evangelization Specialist include the following:
– Initiate collaboration with parishes and key parish leaders regarding evangelization, discipleship and family ministry efforts;
– Mentor and empower key parish leaders in the areas of evangelization, discipleship and family ministry;
– Work closely with team members from the Office of Evangelization and Family Life Ministries in providing optimum support to parishes in evangelization, discipleship, faith formation, and leadership development.
– Coordinate, promote, and clearly communicate the various programs and offerings available throughout the Archdiocese and individual parishes in relation to Evangelization and Family Life Ministries;
– Assist in the development of new programs and initiatives in areas of Evangelization and Catechesis, Marriage and Family Life, and Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries and to participate in already existing initiatives as needed;
– Assist in the development and implementation of programs, events, and services specifically for non-metro parishes (i.e., Western, Eastern, and Northern areas of Archdiocese);
– Have input in, and assist the Director in the creation and monitoring of the annual budget process;
– Remain current in the areas of theology and catechetics by studying the documents of the Catholic Church, specifically the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the General Directory for Catechesis, papal encyclicals and exhortations, and documents from the USCCB;
– Perform any other duties or special projects assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Archbishop and/or the Moderator of the Curia.
Require advanced degree in Theology or related field, and/or equivalent experience in parish/diocesan life.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
-Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish) and have experience in both English-speaking and Hispanic Ministry Settings
– Must be in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
– Must refrain from promotion of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
– Must be dynamic and enthusiastic about Catholicism and evangelization, taking a pivotal role in participating in the team efforts of the Office of Evangelization and Family Life Ministries;
– Possess thorough understanding of evangelization and experience with various methodologies for the implementation thereof and possesses the ability to clearly and enthusiastically communicate the goals of evangelization, and to motivate others in sharing the faith with renewed enthusiasm and new methods;
– Ability to work with individual parish leaders to determine best ways the Office of Evangelization and Family Life Ministries can help in various circumstances;
– An ability to establish rapport, putting people at ease; show genuine interest in others’ needs and feelings at appropriate times;
– An ability to adjust constructively and flexibly to meet the requirements of different work situations; maintain patience, confidence and composure under pressure or adverse circumstances without compromising the timely completion of job duties;
– Must possess superior organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to maintain strict confidence regarding all information and issues addressed under this position, in the department and all other ecclesiastically related entities of the Archdiocese of Denver;
– Must recognize sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality.
Visual acuity both near and far, travel throughout the Archdiocese is required as needed, manual dexterity with good eye/hand coordination, good hearing, speech and the ability to operate computer and mouse, copier, fax machine, printer and telephone. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The Archdiocese of Denver exists so that in Jesus Christ all might be rescued and have abundant life, for the glory of the Father.
This position will function within the Office of Evangelization and Family Life Ministries of the Archdiocese of Denver. The mission of the Office of Evangelization and Family Life Ministries is to help parishes form intentional disciples and holy families.
The Office serves our Archbishop and the people of Northern Colorado by coordinating a range of ministries, producing media resources and training, and administering archdiocesan-wide events. In cooperation with the Holy Spirit, our goal is to empower you to better know, live and share your faith.
Here is the link to apply: