You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Medina, MN
Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Community
Title: Elementary Faith Formation Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Faith Formation
Direct reports: Administrative Assistant-Elementary Faith Formation and
Administrative Support Position
Provides work direction to: Parish administrative support staff, volunteers
Receives work direction from: Pastor and Director of Faith Formation
Hours: 40 hours per week – 12 months
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday; Schedule will vary based on ministry needs; evening and/or weekend time will be necessary.
Benefits eligible: Yes
Last revision: 12/2020
Resource person: Resource person to all faith formation volunteers who teach in classes in the preschool through fifth grade age range, other faith formation and youth ministry staff, HNOJ school, and the faith formation ministry area commission.
Purpose of the position: To develop the faith of children in the parish and their families by conducting classes, workshops, service opportunities, and social opportunities.
Statement on working for the Catholic Church: Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that can embarrass the church or give rise to scandal. It is expected that this employee respects Catholic doctrine and religious practices. It is required that this employee be a Catholic.
• Work to advance the vision of 21st Century discipleship in conjunction with the mission of the Parish in the area of elementary faith formation.
Programs and Curriculum
• *Sunday school classes
o Coordinate the preschool & kindergarten classes held during the 8:30 and 10:30 Masses
• *Wednesday evening faith formation classes
o Implement and maintain a curriculum
o Recruit catechists /helpers
o Train catechists and ensure they have gone through the appropriate qualification procedures
o Help with the registration process of students
o Provide safe loving environment for teachers and the children
o Assist in maintaining parent and catechist handbooks
• Responsible for ordering Sunday school and faith formation materials for catechists and students
• Wednesday evening Fine Dining meals
o Coordinate with head kitchen volunteer the weekly menus
o Coordinate with the kitchen volunteer’s distribution and clean-up of the hall
• Family intergenerational faith formation opportunities
• *Coordinate and conduct various seasonal family faith formation opportunities
• *Vacation Bible School
o Plan, coordinate and execute yearly parish vacation bible school
o Recruit and train volunteers
o Coordinate the registration process
*First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
• Develop a preparation processes for First Sacraments that engages parents in the life of the Parish while inviting them to on-going conversion
• Oversees the registration and implementation of the Parish preparation programs for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist for children and their families who are part of the Parish Faith Formation program and Holy Name of Jesus School
• Works with the pastoral staff to ensure that parish and diocesan procedures are followed in regards to the preparation for, celebration of and recording of the Sacraments in the parish registry
• Responsible for ordering sacramental preparation materials for parents and students
• Plan, coordinate and implement First Reconciliation and First Eucharist preparation sessions for parents
• Plan, coordinate and implement First Reconciliation and First Eucharist student retreats
• Be present for the celebration of the sacraments
• Work with the presider, musicians and any other staff involved in the liturgical celebration of the sacraments
• As needed, collaborates with Director of Faith Formation to address the overall goals, objectives and direction of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist preparation programs for the parish and school
• Collaborate with other staff members
• Work cooperatively with other staff
• *To be present, ready to work and on time for all scheduled hours as set by the employer
• *Meet all PCYI requirements
• Provide a detailed calendar for all areas of responsibility
• Attend faith formation department staff meetings weekly
• Attend other parish staff meetings monthly
● *Be present, ready to work and on time for all scheduled hours set by employer
● Comply with policies and procedures as outlined in the HNOJ Personnel Policy Handbook
• Help create a productive environment where there is harmony, good moral and cooperative teamwork
• Assist and support the administration in implementing policies and rules governing employment law practices, conduct and behavior
Facilities and Equipment:
• Be responsible for contacting maintenance staff on event set-up
• Make sure all areas used for classes and activities are left in good condition
• Return all materials used for classes and activities at the end of all events to their proper place
Personal Growth Commitments:
• Annual retreat
• Continuing education (30 hours)
o Professional associations and Archdiocesan meetings
o Reading and Reflection
Education and Experience:
• Practicing Roman Catholic
• BA in Theology or related field required; or a 4-year degree and advanced knowledge of the catechism of the Catholic church, faith formation, and education
• Advanced knowledge of catechesis and catechist formation required
• Advanced knowledge of sacramental preparation and liturgical practices of the Catholic faith required
• Advanced knowledge of religious education for children with special needs required
• Experience in managing elementary faith formation programs including curriculum planning
• Experience in managing and training volunteers/catechists
• Possess a broad knowledge of Social Media with strong skills in the area of technology
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Intellectual and Emotional Demands:
• Must be able to facilitate multiple simultaneous requests and tasks
• Must be able to tactfully and maturely respond to situations involving adult parishioners and volunteers
• Respect the confidentiality of the students, staff, families and co-workers
• Exhibit integrity and honesty
• Communicate positively with students, staff and public in a proactive manner
• Work as a team player with Holy Name of Jesus School and Parish faculty and staff
• Maintain knowledge and support of Holy Name of Jesus School and Parish Mission and Philosophy
• Be active, knowledgeable and supportive of the Catholic faith and witness this to the community
• Handle the stress of dealing with children’s accidents and emergencies at all times throughout the day
• Work in a busy and occasionally noisy environment
• Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Implement technology skills as the position demands
• Continually improve technology knowledge and skills to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies
• Keep track of dates and times of schedules
• Maintain a positive demeanor and cheerful disposition at all times
• Maintain an active awareness of what children are doing at all times
• Ability to work 40+ hours per week including some evening and weekend hours
• Fulfill total commitments of the educational program and other school activities of the school year
• Lift, carry and move 40 pounds using proper techniques frequently during the day, which may include lifting children and carrying supplies
• Walk, stand and sit for periods of time both indoors and outside on both even and uneven surfaces
• Perform job in all outdoor/indoor temperatures and weather conditions
• Push/pull carts of supplies of up to 100 lbs. occasionally
• Reach, bend, kneel, squat, stoop and stretch during the day
• Operate computer keyboards, telephones and small toys, puzzles, writing instruments
• Utilize good motor skills, eye-hand coordination, and normal correctable hearing
Holy Name of Jesus is to be a community of 21st Century Disciples.
Sharing in the Body of Christ we seek to: Know the heart of Christ, See the face of Christ, Be the hands of Christ
Please send a a resume and cover letter to Jill Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st, 2021.