You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Austin, TX
The Director of Faith Formation at St Thomas More Parish coordinates the Faith Formation Team in conjunction with the pastor. The position focuses on catechetical formation and evangelization for elementary, middle school and high school children. The Director of Faith Formation participates in senior staff level responsibilities and decisions.
• Lead and supervise the Faith Formation Team which is comprised of an Assistant Director of Faith Formation, Elementary School Coordinator, Middle School Youth Minister and High School and Confirmation Youth Minister. Collaborate with the Director of Adult Faith Formation.
• Responsible for the development and effectiveness of all catechetical programs for pre-school through high school aged children. This involves curriculum development, in conjunction with the faith formation team, for the various age levels of the parish (pre-school through high school) in accordance with the Religious Education Guidelines of the Diocese of Austin and Sacramental Preparation.
• Directly responsible for RCIA Adapted for Children and oversees sacramental preparation for children.
• Oversee the recruitment of catechists and their continuing formation providing them with curriculum training and encouraging them to receive certification as specified by the Diocesan Office of Evangelization and Catechesis.
• Prepare and manage the operating budget for the faith formation programs according to parish policies.
• Responsible for Ethics and Integrity in Ministry [EIM] compliance of staff, catechists, volunteers (adults and teens) and the inclusion of Called to Protect curriculum for children and teens within their catechetical programs.
• Facilitate weekly faith formation team meetings.
• Seek/Promote/Foster personal and team growth in faith and professional development. Commit to personal growth in faith and professional development and support this for the faith formation team.
• Seasonally coordinate the celebration of the Liturgy of the Word with Children. Provide curriculum for parents of children with special educational needs. Support the annual summer Vacation Bible School.
• Attend all staff meetings, Diocesan DRE meetings, Faith Formation team meetings, Days of Spirituality and Staff Development.
Required Knowledge and skills:
• Practicing Catholic and in good standing with the Catholic Church.
• Successful completion of Ethics and Integrity in Ministry program.
• Excellent communication/presentation skills combined with knowledge of catechetical teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
• Demonstrated competence in theology, program coordination, catechist development, and application of age-appropriate teaching methods, communication, administration, facilitation, supervision, and coaching skills.
• Demonstrates ability to recognize, honor, and work with the diversity within the parish community of St. Thomas More.
Education, Training, and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Arts or higher in: Theology/Faith Formation/Catechesis, Mission/Evangelization, Religious Education, or related field.
• At least three years of a successful parish experience coordinating a total parish faith formation program.
St. Thomas More Catholic Church is one of the largest parishes in the Diocese of Austin, one of the fastest growing dioceses in the nation. We are a community of over 3,400 families and 75 active ministries.
Please submit resume to Andy DeHart, parish business administrator at email@example.com