You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
Empower 2021, hosted by Life Teen CIO/Executive VP Mark Hart, offers you NINE practical training sessions that will both inform and inspire your Core Team. Downloadable discussion questions and activities accompany each session, as well, to ensure that your leaders not only see and hear the training but distill it down to practical and foundational steps they can implement within your parish youth ministry programs
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Stratford, Wi
Type of position: Full time 40+ hours per week, variable schedule, salaried and benefited.
Job Summary: The Director (or Coordinator) of Religious Education and Youth Minister (DRE/CRE/YM) will serve Sts. Joseph and Andrew Parishes and St. Joseph Catholic school to develop, organize, and administer a total youth catechetical and youth ministry program and assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for youth spirituality, Christian living, and ministry, as well as providing youth and adult outreach for the 800 household combined membership of St. Joseph and St. Andrew Parishes. The DRE/CRE/YM will have a passion for sharing the gospel and the Catholic faith and helping people grow as disciples of Jesus Christ and His Church.
1. The DRE/CRE/YM must be living in full sacramental communion with the Catholic Church.
2. It is preferred that this person have a Bachelor’s degree in theology, youth ministry, catechetics, or a related field, but it is not required. Minimum qualification is a high school diploma. Experience in youth ministry and religious education is preferred.
3. Must have a passion for working with youth and sharing your Catholic faith
4. Ability to work with a diversity of youth and adults
5. Ability to create, organize, prioritize, manage multiple priorities, and work with minimal supervision
6. Excellent communication and collaboration skills
7. Leadership and mentoring skills, comfortable with public speaking
8. Advanced Certification as a catechist in the Diocese of La Crosse (or committed to attaining it promptly after hire)
9. Familiarity and conformity with the guidelines and policies of the Diocese of La Crosse
10. Ability to lead music during liturgies and praise and worship is desired but not required.
1. Design and execute catechetical programs for the two parishes and St. Joseph’s Catholic school, which support lifelong practice of the faith.
a. Assesses parish/school needs
b. Articulates a vision for Religious Education and Youth Ministry
c. Designs programs that meet the needs of the parish/school
2. Build the Religious Ed and Youth Ministry programs
a. Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates catechists and youth ministry volunteers
b. Secure materials needed for programs in accordance with Diocesan recommendations
c. Prepare and monitor budgets for programs
3. Lead a Youth Ministry program that engages the hearts of our youth through experiences like youth group meetings, youth rallies, Mass, mission trips, retreats, and social events.
4. Provide curriculum, training, and administrative support to the volunteer coordinators of
a. First Reconciliation Preparation
b. First Communion Preparation
c. Confirmation Preparation
d. Elementary Religious Education Classes
e. Middle School and High School Religious Ed. Classes
f. Sunday School for 3-year-old through Kindergarten
g. Vacation Bible School
5. Work with the school to provide opportunities for teacher’s growth and accreditation.
6. As time and energy allow, assist with the development of young adult and adult ministries.
7. Maintain any Diocesan certification requirements for Director of Religious Education position
8. Implement and monitor the Diocesan Safe Environment Program
9. Attend parish staff meetings, Youth Ministry/Religious Ed. Committee Meetings, and Parish council meetings on occasion as requested, including being an ex officio member of the education committee
10. Pursue continued professional and spiritual growth, and knowledge of the Catholic faith
11. Any other duties as assigned
About Sts. Joseph and Andrew parishes: St. Joseph parish in Stratford, and St. Andrew parish in the nearby unincorporated village of Rozellville, are small rural parishes which serve approximately 800 families and share the same Pastor. St. Joseph’s Catholic school (grades PreK-8) serves both parishes; the CCD programs serve more than 200 students. Both parishes have served the Stratford and Rozellville communities for over 100 years. On a side note, St. Joseph’s is also the home parish and Catholic school of Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke.
For more information or a copy of the job description, please email email@example.com or call the Parish office at 715-687-2404. Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to St. Joseph Parish, 119200 Larch St, PO Box 6, Stratford, WI 54484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.