You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Millersville, MD
Our Lady of the Fields Catholic Church, located in Millersville, Maryland is seeking candidates for a Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry. The parish is currently building its youth ministry program and is seeking applicants who have a passionate love for Jesus, joyful fidelity to the Catholic faith, a heart for youth, a gift for evangelization, and the administrative skills necessary to turn a vision for youth ministry into reality.
The Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministry is responsible for implementing this vision through collaboration with the pastor and associate pastor, an Adult CORE Team, Young Apostles (youth servant-leaders), and the larger parish community to build a culture for young people to thrive.
Parish: Our Lady of the Fields
Location: Millersville, MD
Job Type: Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministry
Reports To: Associate Pastor
Job Responsibilities include:
Middle School Youth Ministry:
● Develop and support a youth ministry program for youth in Grades 6-8 that evangelizes and forms them as missionary disciples of Jesus Christ.
● Discern, recruit, form, support, and collaborate with a team of adults to plan and execute programming to lead middle school youth to Christ.
● Form a partnership with parents that is both collaborative and supportive.
● Offer regular opportunities for middle school youth to participate in off-site activities such as Rise Up! Archdiocese of Baltimore Middle School Day and/or other social gatherings.
High School Youth Ministry:
● Develop and support a youth ministry program for youth in Grades 9-12 that evangelizes and forms them as missionary disciples of Jesus Christ.
● Discern, recruit, form, support, and collaborate with a team of adults to plan and execute programming to provide opportunities for young people to grow closer to Christ.
● Recruit, form, and mentor high school servant-leaders (young apostles) to be witnesses to their faith and grow in their capacity as leaders inside and outside of our parish. | Form a partnership with parents that is both collaborative and supportive.
● Offer regular opportunities for high school youth to participate in off-site activities such as National Youth Conferences (such as Steubenville Youth Conferences, LEAD, Catholic Heart Work Camp) and/or other social gatherings.
● Direct and lead the parish Confirmation preparation program to prepare candidates for reception of the sacrament in the 9th grade through catechesis, service, and retreats.
● Recruit, train, and support a team of adults to give talks and mentor small groups.
● Provide Worthy of the Call child safety training to all high school young people as part of the beginning of their confirmation process.
● Collaborate with our Registrar and our Coordinator of Evangelization and Faith Formation to organize the Confirmation program to ensure all necessary preparation.
● Effectively communicate with parents and sponsors throughout the process.
Young Adult Ministry
● Create a database and platforms for communication with young adults.
● Develop opportunities for relational ministry among young adults in the parish.
● Create opportunities to minister to College students while they are at school and at home. Other Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a presence on electronic media, especially social media to minister to young people through the parish website (http://www.ourladyofthefields.org/youth-ministry/), Youth Ministry Instagram account (@olf_ym), etc.
● Connect, communicate, and collaborate with other youth ministries in our parish: scouting program, middle school choir, 6pm Mass teen ensemble, etc.
● Attend weekly staff meetings and staff gatherings.
● Participate in regular performance reviews with the pastor or his delegate.
● Prepare an annual budget for youth ministry.
● Confirmed, practicing Roman Catholic eligible to participate in the sacramental life of the Church.
● Passion for the evangelization of all young people to experience the love of Jesus Christ and realize a connection to the Church.
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Religious Education, or related field.
● Leadership ability, administrative, and organizational skills to take a vision for youth ministry and make it a reality in the life of the parish.
● Desire and capacity to develop and support an Adult CORE team.
● Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of social media.
● Exemplary communication skills, particularly in relating to youth and their families.
● Minimum three years’ experience in youth ministry or related field (such as FOCUS, NET, Hard as Nails, or similar youth evangelization ministries) preferred.
Our Lady of the Fields is a vibrant community striving to become a sign of God’s loving presence to one another and to the world around us. Our parish’s purpose is to form missionary disciples of Jesus Christ who joyfully live out the Gospel. Knowing the importance of young people in our Church as the Church, we desire to create a safe environment for young people to seek Christ and come alive in Him.
Send a resume and cover letter to Fr. Matt Himes, Associate Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org