You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Fall River, MA
The Diocese of Fall River is seeking a Director, Youth, Young Adult and Family Life Ministries to join our team at the Chancery Office in Fall River, MA. We are seeking a self-motivated and team-orientated individual of high integrity who possesses a great work ethic and is passionate about fulfilling “Christ’s work on earth!”
The Director, Youth, Young Adult and Family Life Ministries will report directly to the Diocesan Bishop and work in partnership with his leadership team as well as the Director of Strategic and Pastoral Planning. This position will provide leadership and is responsible for the ongoing development and support of Youth, and Young Adult Ministry and Family Life programs and services in parishes, and all related diocesan agencies and institutions within the Diocese of Fall River. Will also implement the vision of Youth, Young Adult and Family ministries, helping connect people to Jesus leveraging the Evangelii Gaudium, USCCB documents and our bishop’s pastoral letter – Rebuilding in Faith and Hope.
• Develop a comprehensive program on the diocesan level and in parishes which supports and provides resources for youth, young adult and family life ministries including but not limited to – faith formation, marriage preparation, campus ministry, sacramental preparation.
• Develop resources and opportunities for the enrichment of youth, young adult and family life ministries throughout the diocese. This includes strategic planning, annual goals, budget development and other resource inventory and stewardship.
• Lead the department staff in:
o Providing continuing education, including workshops, written materials, and electronic resources, for parishes, schools, Catholics, and others of good will
o Providing parishes with pertinent information on the teaching of the Church and helping them identify ministry models that would facilitate the formation of Christian disciples in their parishes
o Providing direct assistance and support to pastors and parish committees, including developing guidelines and coordinating the work of committees and representatives
o Organizing and attending events to promote youth, young adult ministries and family life at the Diocese level
o Organizing and soliciting participants from parishes and schools for Diocesan pilgrimages to regional, national and international youth, young adult and family events e.g., World Youth Day, etc.
o Refreshing the Youth, Young Adult Ministries and Family Life content on the diocesan website in a timely fashion
o Incorporating the needs and perspectives of different ethnic groups and those with disabilities in all programming
o Developing and maintain a database that can measure trends, outcomes and effectiveness of the diocesan Youth, Young Adult Ministries and Family Life programs
• Develop and organize an effective staff structure, leveraging skills of the small team that will be inherited and is already in place.
• Create benchmarks and metrics that define success of this department, leverage those to report on status and successes.
• Represent the Diocese in professional organizations supporting Youth, Young Adult and Family Life Ministries.
• Develop and oversee budgets to ensure efficient use of funds.
• Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred in Theology or related field
• Three to five years of related experience in Youth, Young Adult and Family Life Ministries as well as program development experience
• Deep faith and personal commitment to the life of the Church, and a desire to teach and communicate with others.
• In depth knowledge of the Catholic Church, its mission, structures, and ministerial life and, in particular, its principles and teaching on marriage, human and family life.
• Demonstrated leadership and organizational ability, skills and desire for collaboration, together with ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of groups.
• In depth knowledge and skills within the social media domain.
• Must be detailed-oriented, able to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Knowledge and skills to do research, writing, and prepare formational materials and programs; ability to organize, conduct, and evaluate formation programs.
• Ability to do long range planning and project management.
• Experience developing and managing department budgets
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products or comparable
• Ability to work regularly in the field and travel independently throughout the diocese
The Diocese of Fall River is standing on the threshold of a life-changing chapter in its 115-year history and we are looking for someone who is driven to be an integral part of this exciting team. The Diocese of Fall River, established on March 12, 1904, serves Southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod and the Islands, and covers 1,194 square miles. This Catholic community is divided into five territories or deaneries; has 132 entities, such as schools, nursing homes, and cemeteries and 288,000 persons who worship in 80 parishes and 11 mission churches.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: Michelle Bertoldi, Human Resources Manager; Confidential Fax: (508) 689-7920; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mail: Diocese of Fall River, 450 Highland Avenue, Fall River, MA 02720
Equal Opportunity Employer