You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Title: Director of Youth Ministry and Faith Formation
Department: Pastoral Ministries
Supervisor: Director of Pastoral Ministries
Essential Job Functions
● Coordinate and foster an already established comprehensive discipleship-based programming for Youth Ministry and Ignatian Spirituality (middle school grades 6-8) and (high school grades 9-12), currently utilizing the Edge and Life Teen model.
● Work closely with the Director of Pastoral Ministries and the Director of Adult Faith Formation to ensure that the parish is offering a comprehensive lifelong faith formation program, taking care to incorporate Jesuit/Ignatian spirituality into all offerings.
● Plan and support extracurricular service activities for middle school and high school youth at Parish and school events. Create relationships at local high schools to encourage participation at Life Teen events.
● Plan and execute all aspects of retreats, trips and activities sponsored by St. Francis Xavier Youth Ministries.
● Work closely with parish Director of Pastoral Ministries regarding all pertinent aspects of Masses and other religious services that are directed to our younger parishioners and their families.
● Communicate with our younger parishioners and their parents regarding youth ministry curriculum, trips, expectations etc.
● Promote programs in a way which continually calls new youth to participate in all Parish approved youth formation programs.
● Coordinate, recruit, screen, train, support and evaluate volunteers/core teams for Youth Ministry/Faith Formation programs with emphasis on Ignatian Spirituality.
● Work collaboratively with appropriate staff and volunteers to bridge pastoral programs.
● Encourage involvement of middle school and high school youth and their families in parish life.
● Foster relational ministry and outreach to parents of middle school and high school teen youth.
● Plan and oversee Youth Ministry budget with the Director of Pastoral Ministries.
● Maintain PDS database in collaboration with PDS program manager. This includes recording and tracking participation/registration fees and retreat fees for Youth Ministry/Ignatian Spirituality.
● Participate in and support Diocesan Youth Ministry programs and training opportunities.
● Provide timely, relevant information for weekly bulletin and maintain youth ministry focused pages on parish website and social media sites.
● Attend monthly All Staff meeting and other parish meetings as designated.
● Work cooperatively with St. Francis Xavier Parish and School Staff.
● Develop and maintain relationships with other Youth Ministry programs at other area parishes, the Diocese and national programs as appropriate.
● Attend gatherings of Youth Ministries of the diocese as appropriate.
● Be a presence at 5pm Sunday Mass on a weekly basis to evangelize teens who attend the parish but are not currently involved in parish youth programs.
● Coordinate staffing hours with volunteers for weekly drop in at the Life House or other appropriate parish-based location.
● Ensure that the Life House remains organized and clean, with the assistance of maintenance staff.
● Assist in the developing of the Youth Ministry budget once a year with the Director of Pastoral Ministry.
● Attend local trainings and conferences provided by Life Teen International as needed and budgeted.
● Implement, promote and enforce mandatory Diocesan Safe Environment requirement(s) for volunteers and youth.
● Participate in Diocesan & Parish Safe Environment Training.
● Adhere to personnel practices of the Diocese of Phoenix and applicable parish policies and procedures.
● Perform any task deemed necessary by the Director of Pastoral Ministries.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Understand the dynamics of evangelization and conversion.
● Enthusiastically evangelize pre-teens and teens, and train others to do so.
● Practicing Catholic in good standing, faith-filled, Holy Spirit driven, self-motivated, imaginative, energetic and reliable.
● Degree or certification in theology, youth ministry, or religious education required.
● Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in related position strongly preferred.
● Ability to develop a program that will equip teens to become disciples of Christ.
● Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
● Demonstrate excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work well with middle school and high school youth, parents and volunteers.
● Ability to work in a team environment.
● Ability to multitask.
● Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
● Must have initiative, creativity, sensitivity to the needs of people; sound judgment regarding individual and program needs.
● Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive/personal information.
● Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision and frequent interruptions.
● Must be available to work nights and weekends, as required.
● Ability to lift 50 pounds.
● Valid Driver’s License required.
● Dedication to the community of St. Francis Xavier and the Catholic Church by participating in liturgical celebrations, prayer and service, requested parish events, etc.
● Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
St. Francis Xavier Parish is the only Jesuit Parish of the Diocese of Phoenix. Administered by the Jesuit Fathers of the Jesuit West Province, (jesuitswest.org) our church has become an iconic symbol of the Catholic faith for nearly 90 years.
Our faith community is thriving, currently serving more than 5,000 registered households, and thousands more through our varied ministries. Our most significant ministry, St. Francis Xavier Elementary school, is the only Jesuit elementary school in Arizona engaging 650 students each year – pre-K through Eighth grade – incorporating Jesuit traditions and Ignatian spirituality. Students here aim to be Loving, Open to Growth, Intellectually Competent, Religious, and Committed to Doing Justice. We are dedicated to forming “Kids for Others.”
Beyond our education and faith formation, we also offer nearly 60 varied ministries, collaborate with more than 50 local non-profit entities, and engage nearly 2,000 volunteers each year. Through these partnerships, we manage more than 170 programs, and serve more than 30,000 individuals, to include our parishioners, students, area residents and the community at large.
Please send Resume to our Office Manager/Human Resource Director: Sam Tagliarini firstname.lastname@example.org