You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Date Available: July 1, 2019
The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for overseeing and coordinating evangelization and catechetical efforts to reach the youth within the parish boundaries of Our Lady Queen of Heaven. In an effort to deepen the integration of faith into all areas of life for the young people, this position will conduct a gradual process of formation which ends with commissioning teens to radical discipleship of Jesus Christ to leave lasting impacts on the Church for years to come.
Along with youth outreach and formation, this position will work directly with Confirmation preparation, Life Teen program and the middle school EDGE program.
• Promotes the Youth Ministry vision of the Diocese and the Parish.
• Establishes a collaborative relationship with parents and families. Working with parish faith formation leaders, helps provide catechesis and teaching for parents in their role as first and primary teachers of the faith.
• Plan and execute the Sunday evening Life Teen program with the assistance of the High School Parish Catechetical Leader and volunteers.
• Plans and executes Confirmation Prep program for 11th grade students, including one overnight retreat.
• Plans and executes the middle school EDGE program and other pre-evangelization activities. May include partnering with OLQH school on activities and outreach.
• Creates and oversee events/activities for pre-evangelization opportunities for the youth and families of the parish to form community identity and establish peer relationships within the parish community.
• On year-round basis, recruits, assesses, and forms parents and adult volunteers.
• Participation in Diocesan youth events such as
o The March for Life Pilgrimage
o Diocesan Youth Conference
o Christian Leadership institute
o The Rome Experience Pilgrimage
o Any other Diocesan Retreats and events
• Maintain relationships with teens by spending time with teens during open youth house hours, attending their organized extracurricular activities, during social events within the youth house and diocesan event programming, etc.
o Identifying teen leaders to help with Life Teen, leading worship at Bible Study, helping with Middle School youth ministry, etc.
• Offers ongoing formation and discipleship opportunities for young disciples in the four areas of formation (i.e., Spiritual, Intellectual, Pastoral, Human).
• Organizes and supervises suitable fundraising opportunities for trips and retreats
• Balance and keep track of budget and spending for the entire department
• Keep an updated calendar of events to promote through regular parish communication and by word of mouth
• Responsible for all other projects, tasks, etc., as assigned.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements
• Able to sit and perform computer work for lengthy periods of time.
• Flexible hours (30-40hrs/week), with frequent evenings, weekend work, and occasional over-night stays.
• Maintain proper boundaries between work and personal time and between employer and employee.
• Roman Catholic actively practicing the Catholic faith and able to receive the sacraments of the Church
• Strong commitment to the Catholic faith and one’s own relationship with God and passion for youth ministry
• Has a heart for the New Evangelization
• Strong communicator, both written and oral
• Fully compliant with Diocesan policies and safe environment requirements
• Proficient using the computer, including Word, email, social media, and Google Calendar
• Prior youth ministry experience and/or training in youth ministry preferred. Degree in Theology is preferred.
• At least 21 years of age
• Highly motivated, with a program-mindset
• Skilled in multitasking and organization
Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Church, serving about 2,000 families, has the largest number of registered parishioners in the Diocese of Lake Charles. We share the message of Jesus Christ through the ministries associated in the parish, including a school (early childhood-8th grade), Catholic bookstore, Family Life Community Center, retirement center, and cemetery. Because of these many entities and ministries, Our Lady Queen of Heaven has become woven into the fabric of Lake Charles community. The parish mission aims to “Be Christ for All” in any and all circumstances. We are looking for a vibrant and passionate youth minister to help carryout this mission to the young people within our parish boundaries. To learn more visit olqh.org or visit facebook.com/olqhchurch/
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Mgsr. Torres (Daniel.email@example.com). Submission deadline is Friday June 1, 2019