You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Sixth Sunday of Easter with Mark Hart.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Topsfield & Middleton, MA
JOB PURPOSE: The Collaborative of Saint Agnes Parish, Middleton and Saint Rose of Lima Parish, Topsfield is seeking a Director of Youth Faith Formation (DYFF), who will, under the direction of the Pastor, oversee the Collaborative faith formation program for students in grades 1 – 10. The objective of the program is to form lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ by promoting knowledge of the faith; inviting active participation in the liturgy and sacramental life of the Church as moments of personal encounter with Christ; moral formation that conforms the believer to Christ and His teaching; and ongoing conversion to Christ through prayer and spiritual reflection.
• Implement and Direct faith formation program for children in Grades 1 – 10, including sacramental catechesis and formation, that leads students and their families to a full and active participation in the life of the Church.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Student and Young Adult Ministry regarding formation of Confirmation candidates.
• Work collaboratively and in support of PathFinders catechists.
• Recruit and support volunteer catechists.
• Implement archdiocesan policies including curriculum guidelines, guidelines for reception of the sacraments, catechetical programs for special groups including persons with disabilities and the deaf, the archdiocesan chastity curriculum, etc.
• Implement archdiocesan safety programs including CORI checks and Protecting God’s Children training and catechesis.
• Maintain up-to-date student files, including necessary forms and permissions, contact information, attendance records, performance, etc.
• Assist the pastor, pastoral council, parish finance councils, staff and pastoral team with preparing and managing the faith formation budget.
• Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
• Practicing Catholic and fidelity to Church teaching.
• Degree in Religious Education or Theology required.
• Minimum of three years experience, preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership in a parish or diocesan program of faith formation and evangelization, school or institution, or the equivalent.
• Computer skills including but not limited to word processing, internet, social media, and ability to learn ParishSOFT.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability in oral and written communication.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Familiarity with Scripture and basic Church documents regarding catechesis and evangelization, i.e., The Catechism of the Catholic Church, Catechesi Tradendae, The General Directory for Catechesis, and The National Directory for Catechesis.
PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:
• Ability to use a computer keyboard for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to sit for up to 8 hours/day.
• Ability to lift to 20 pounds.
The duties and requirements described above are representative of those encountered during performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Christ Initiative is a collaborative of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Topsfield, MA and St. Agnes Parish in Middleton, MA. We are one Catholic Community with two locations and share a pastor and staff. At The Christ Initiative, we are committed to the life long faith formation of individuals and families in our community by providing as many opportunities as possible for our parishioners to engage in prayer, fellowship, and a personal encounter with Jesus Christ. As we continue to grow our community and staff, we are looking for a Director of Youth Faith Formation.
Please send a resume to DynamicMinistry@theci.me to apply.