You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
The Life Teen Leadership Conference is a dynamic, prayerful, and impactful week of talks and activities that help teens become the leaders and disciples that God is calling them to be. We believe in empowering this new generation with practical leadership skills, but not without first teaching them how to be a disciple. Teens will have time to adore the Lord in Eucharistic Adoration, participate in powerful worship, receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, gain practical leadership skills, and meet other teens from across the country who are committed to discipleship and evangelization.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Check out our featured products now!
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
The Director of Youth Evangelization will lead and build upon a nationally ranked faith formation program in our Roman Catholic parish in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He/she will also build, lead, and sustain a vibrant and engaging ministry to feed and develop young missionary disciples. Through relationship building, our young people will be invited to hand over their lives to Jesus Christ, grow to the fullness of Christian maturity, and be sent on mission to minister to others (Matthew 28:19-20).
Duties & Responsibilities
Youth Faith Formation
• Determine appropriate curriculum for a small group-based religious education approach. Assure integration of program components (i.e. catechesis, prayer, worship, community, service).
• Evaluate, choose, and maintain visionary Catholic resource materials for spiritual enrichment and growth in faith for youth.
• Research and discern emerging formational needs for pre-school through Confirmation level (6th grade). Modify and enhance approach as necessary.
• Prepare, implement, and evaluate annual summer intensive faith formation program.
• Oversee Sunday Liturgy of the Word for Children program.
• Recruit, train, and provide opportunities for ongoing formation of volunteer catechists.
• Collaborate with Director of Family Evangelization on the instruction of 6th grade Confirmation candidates.
Sacraments for Youth
• Schedule, coordinate, and attend First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation liturgies.
• Develop, execute, and evaluate retreats for First Communion and Confirmation candidates.
• Provide support to catechists on the formation and preparation of catechumens/candidates up to and including 8th grade (“junior” RCIA program).
• Collaborate with parents/guardians on sacrament preparation through ongoing and consistent communication (meetings, email, phone calls, etc.).
• Cast a vision and develop a strategy for relationship building with youth grades 7-8 and 9-12.
• Develop and implement a seasonal schedule of social, service/outreach, prayer, and worship opportunities for youth grades 7-8 and 9-12.
• Collaborate with our partner parish on opportunities for youth ministry within the Devon-Berwyn-Paoli area and beyond.
• Collaborate with Pastor and Financial Administrator on the development and oversight of the budget for Youth Evangelization.
• Collaborate with Director of Communications on relevant updates and information via parish media platforms (e.g. weekly bulletin, Flocknote, social media).
• Participate in Archdiocesan/national trainings, meetings, and opportunities for ongoing formation related to catechesis and youth ministry.
• Ensure compliance with guidelines provided by Archdiocesan Offices of Faith Formation with Youth and Child & Youth Protection.
• Serve as an active member of Pastoral Team (staff). Attend weekly team meetings and quarterly retreats.
• Collaborate with Director of Family Evangelization in areas of shared ministry and responsibility (service, faith formation, liturgies, retreats).
Our ideal candidate is a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church. He/she is a joyful, faith-filled disciple with a heart for bringing young people to Christ. He/she will also possess:
• A bachelor’s degree in theology, catechesis, or equivalent (master’s degree a plus).
• Experience forming and empowering youth to serve as missionary disciples.
• Experience teaching the Faith, leading mission trips, conducting retreats, and/or a foundation in sacrament prep/liturgies.
• The ability to engage and build relationships with young people, whether in a classroom or in recreational and social environments (athletic events, coffee shops, etc.)
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
A shared office space (with the Director of Family Evangelization) provided, as well as a communal workspace within the parish office/rectory. The parish education center provides meeting spaces specifically designed to facilitate the small groups approach to faith formation. The education center also is home to two recently renovated youth rooms, one of which also serves as the small group room for 6th grade Confirmation prep.
Some light lifting of textbooks and other materials as needed.
Reports to: Pastor
FLSA Status: Regular full time (40 hours/week) exempt with benefits; ability to work weekends and some nights as needed; all clearances and background checks required
Saint Monica is composed of 1100 registered families (about 3200 people) and is located 23 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Please view our website – www.saintmonicachurch.org – where our Pastor’s weekly reflections and parish communications are posted. For additional insights into our culture and vision, please explore the Pastor (Father Charles Zlock)’s personal website: www.frzlock.com.
Submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates are also welcome to record and submit a two to three minute video to introduce themselves and why they are interested in this position.