You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Position: Director of Youth Discipleship and Evangelization
Parish: St Philip the Apostle
Diocese: Corpus Christi, TX
Schedule: Full Time
Summary: St Philip parish seeks a dynamic, faith-filled and qualified individual to continue the development of comprehensive ministry that engages our youth. The Director of Youth Discipleship and Evangelization (DYDE) walks with young people and their families to become active Disciples of Christ who fully participate in all aspects of parish life. This is accomplished through a process of evangelization that includes pastoral, liturgical and catechetical formation. The DYDE provides primary leadership for the design, implementation and evaluation of parish ministry to our youth. The DYDE continually seeks to form parents and other adults to also walk with our youth in their faith in order to make disciples of them as well. Candidates who possess effective leadership, strong personal communication and organizational skills will be given preference. All catechetical instruction must be in keeping with the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church.
Duties of the Position:
• Participates in decision-making regarding total parish direction and activities. Attends team meetings, team faith formation, and team development days.
• Continues personal formation through appropriate classes, workshops and retreats.
• Facilitates the YDE Leadership Team to plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive parish program for youth in grades 6-12 to include confirmation.
• Meets with the Pastor’s leadership team to schedule, plan, and carry out all youth ministry activities.
• Build relationships of integrity with youth that become the basis of meeting needs, sharing Christ, and involving youth in peer ministry
• Invites, trains, motivates, evaluates and adult volunteers to support the YDE ministry, and promotes faith formation of small group leaders, youth and adult leaders
• Coordinates, maintains and communicates a calendar and database of youth programs and activities with the calendars of the parish and the diocese.
• Prepares and organizes services projects (including summer programs), retreats and social functions
• Prepares marketing and communication tools to promote youth programs and activities
• Discerns emerging youth ministry needs; develops modifications and enhancements to meet those needs
• Obtains and maintains parental support and consent for all program activities in keeping with parish and diocesan guidelines
• Provides supervisor with timely program activity reports and evaluations
• Manages the annual budget for the parish Youth Ministry Department.
• Additional Duties as assigned
• Active Roman Catholic, dedicated to the sacramental life of the Church and lives by its moral code
• Emotionally mature individual, confident in his/her ability to work with youth and adults for fostering the Catholic faith
• Bachelor’s degree in pastoral ministry, religious studies, or theology, with some experience in the fields of youth ministry is preferred
• Creative with excellent skills for prioritizing and organizing
• Skilled in both written and oral communication
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ProPresenter, video conferencing software, and fluent in applications used by our youth
• Able to sit and perform computer work for lengthy periods of time
• Frequent use of computer keyboard that requires repetitive hand and wrist movements
• Frequent walking, standing and sitting
• Flexible hours, including evenings, weekend and overnight stays
• Ability to lift up to 45 pounds without assistance
The youth director receives benefits such as health insurance, retirement and paid holidays in addition to his/ her base salary according to the policy of the Diocese of Corpus Christi.
We are a large and growing parish.
Send Resumes to Crystal Trujillo, Parish Administrator