You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Men’s Retreat sponsored by Life Teen is a weekend of brotherhood, restoration, and inspiration. You can expect to hear engaging talks, to enjoy some outdoor fun in the beauty of the north Georgia mountains, and most importantly, to encounter God through the sacraments and times of prayer.
Base Camp is a live online show about messes, mountains, and ministry for youth ministers, core members, priests, and anyone else that is working in the vineyard of youth ministry. Each monthly episode features practical insights from ministry workers and Life Teen staff that will help your youth ministry impact more teenagers and connect you with other passionate youth workers from around the world.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Steubenville, OH
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING AND EVENTS (based in Steubenville, OH)
The Director of Training and Events serves as a leading member of the Vagabond Missions executive team. Their primary responsibilities are helping to create opportunities for training and formation throughout the year for missionary staff, leading new missionary training, overseeing all staff training events, leading the creation of formation and training materials for staff and volunteers, creating an internship program for college student and junior missionary program for high school juniors and seniors, and ensuring excellence of mission events. The position will be based in Vagabond Missions’ Steubenville, OH office.
– Create training that results in top-notch ministry as well as a positive work environment that fosters a pattern of long-term staff retention.
– Attend and actively participate in senior staff meetings, offering ideas, insights, and recommendations on Vagabond Missions policies, staffing, ministry, new business, and other topics that impact the overall quality of the Vagabond Missions.
– Oversee regular evaluations of events and training.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
– Help oversee ongoing formation across the mission to help ensure consistency.
– Serves as a lead staff member on all details of new staff training and missionary gathering with collaboration from VP.
– Assess need for and creates new formation and training materials for staff and volunteers
– Create an internship program for college students as an introduction to Vagabond Missions and a funnel into missionary recruitment.
– Create a Jr. Missionary program for high school juniors and seniors to introduce them to missionary life.
– Special Projects Identify and implement new initiatives with missionaries to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives.
– Take complete ownership of projects/ programs from cradle to grave: project case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, and decisions.
– Helps create and oversee summer camp experience(s) for all students we serve in the mission.
– Ensures quality of both annual and new events across mission sites including retreats and formation experiences.
– Organize and lead committees to assist with events.
– Position is based in Steubenville, OH and requires a 40 hour work week with a set but flexible schedule, ie. 8 am – 5 pm, 9 am – 6 pm, etc.
– All Vagabond Missions employees are responsible for raising the necessary funding to be able to accomplish the purpose of the position upon completion of their fundraising training.
– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
– 10 days of vacation in year one along with 10 days off between Christmas and New Years.
– Monthly spiritual day.
– Expected to live out the rule of life for Vagabond Missions.
– Occasional traveling as needed.
– 3-5 years of ministry-related experience to the position.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF…
– You have 3+ years of experience in ministry. You dream of developing good organizations into great ones, and you know how to actualize your aspirations.
– You want more than a job. You are motivated by mission.
– You are an enthusiastic leader capable of managing diverse teams to reach a common goal. Initiating and completing projects is right up your alley.
– You know how to make timely, effective, and ethical decisions. You embody the entrepreneurial spirit.
– You’re a self-starter who crafts creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
Our Mission: Our mission is to provide effective, Catholic Youth Ministry to urban communities. We accomplish this goal as we mentor inner-city youth in a holistic model of relational ministry. As Vagabond Missions ,we strive to live radically the model of Christ’s incarnation: to be Christ “among” the people. “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” (John 1:14)
Please send all resumes and inquiries to Vagabond Missions’ Director of Human Resources, Brett McCaw @ firstname.lastname@example.org