You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
The Steubenville Youth Conferences, an outreach of Franciscan University of Steubenville, are a series of 24 conferences across North America that help teens encounter the love of Christ every summer. Each summer, Life Teen hosts several Steubenville Youth Conferences with the hopes of strengthening and inspiring teens and youth groups in their collective journeys to Christ.
A core mission of Life Teen is to equip parishes to do the hard work, the ongoing day-to-day ministry within the lives of teenagers. Supporting parishes often means meeting you in your needs, questions, and struggles with the hope of creating solutions, sharing inspiration, and celebrating this common mission. One of the premier ways we seek to accomplish this is through the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention.
There are many women who are a vital part of salvation history and their stories are critical parts of Sacred Scripture. This scriptural devotion will inspire young women to raise their heads along with Mary, Martha, Lydia, and Esther and look into the eyes of Jesus, the God who loves deeply and perfectly.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Teen Bible contains supplementary material to help people understand and navigate Sacred Scripture. The Word of God exists to convict hearts and draw people into the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Gardena, CA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As representative of the pastor, the DRE implements the parish religious education program in
accordance with the parish mission statement and goals. The DRE manages program content,
staff and budgets; coordinates with other parish ministries and activities; reports to pastor and
parish councils/committees as required. In addition, the DRE shall:
• Articulate a vision of catechesis and the catechetical process based on the major
catechetical documents of the Church.
• Review, evaluate, and develop programs, mission statements, long- and short-range
goals and objectives.
• Help the parish community evaluate and carry out its role as a catechizing agent.
• Apply appropriate principles of human development, especially faith and moral
development, to a catechetical program.
• Utilize appropriate methodologies of adult-centered and/or child-centered learning.
• Implement or support a program of catechist formation according to Archdiocesan
• Involve the family as an essential agent in the faith formation process, especially in the
faith formation of children and adolescents.
• Use media and technology for effective program implementation.
• Incorporate service opportunities, and reflections on these experiences, in catechetical
programs for adults, adolescents, and children; especially linking such opportunities to
the fostering of peace and justice.
• Provide opportunities for participation in prayer, personal spiritual development, and
• Initiate and maintain accurate records on students, families, catechists, and other
Specific to St. Anthony of Padua Parish, Gardena:
• Serve as a key leader on parish leadership team.
• Oversee and/or serve as lead teacher/team leader of RCIA / RCIC program and other
adult sacramental preparation programs for adults. (Sunday mornings)
• Oversee children dismissal catechesis at two Sunday Masses.
• Oversee and serve as lead teacher/team leader of two-year high school Confirmation
program. (Sunday afternoon/evening)
• Oversee all other sacramental preparation programs for children. (Thursday
• Oversee and/or serve as lead teacher/team leader of Baptism preparation program for
parents and sponsors. (Monday and/or Wednesday evenings)
• Coordinate liturgical ministries and formation with lead EM, lector, usher, altar server.
• Provide summer adult education program. (Designated Mondays)
• Recruit catechists, liturgical ministers, and other volunteers.
• Work with religion coordinator of St. Anthony of Padua Elementary School regarding
program for parent formation.
• Near end of first year, assess the potential of developing a youth ministry and young
• Other duties as assigned.
• Practicing Roman Catholic with a commitment to his/her own faith life
• Well-developed knowledge of Scripture, the Catechism, Church documents,
• Familiar with Church history, the stories of the saints and martyrs, Mariology
• Experienced in teaching the faith to adults, youth, and children
• Able to communicate with all age groups, from varying cultural and social backgrounds
• Skilled organizer and overseer of catechetical programs that incorporate volunteer
• Sensitive to controversial issues and able to respond according to Church teaching as
articulated by the Archbishop
• Familiar with the uses of media and technology for effective program implementation
An undergraduate or graduate degree in theology or religious education.
• Archdiocesan certification through the Advanced Catechetical Ministries Program
(ACM) or Master Catechist Program and/or
• A university certificate program in catechetical leadership and/or
• Two to three years recent catechetical experience and/or
• A record of attendance at diocesan workshops and seminars for ongoing education.
• These minimum requirements may be waived by pastor for comparable experiences.
• Executive responsibility as employee or volunteer.
• Experience in working with adult volunteers.
• A record of attendance at workshops and seminars in management and administrative
In support of our mission, St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church has established many ministries. Our two schools, St. Anthony Preschool and St. Anthony Elementary School, provide children with outstanding academics in an environment that fosters growth in moral and spiritual values.
Email your resume to José Luis Castañeda at email@example.com