You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for The Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time with Joel Stepanek.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Hibbing, MN
JOB DESCRIPTION—DIRECTOR OF PARISH FAITH FORMATION
BLESSED SACRAMENT CHURCH
Job Title: Director, Parish Faith Formation
Department: Religious Education
Reports To: Fr. Gabriel Waweru
FLSA Status: Exempt, Ministerial Exception
Prepared Date: 12/8/2020
Schedule: Full Time (with Benefits) Flexible Scheduling that includes weekends and evening hours.
Salary: Remuneration based on years of experience
This position is responsible for working with the pastor and deacons to plan, organize, implement, and manage faith-based programs and ministries that meet the requirements of our Catholic faith, provide parishioners with on-going educational opportunities about our faith, and, support the spiritual growth and faith development of all parishioners.
This position is responsible for assisting the pastor in planning, implementing, and managing the Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA) class for people considering becoming Catholic. Must also provide proper forms, ensure they are completed as needed, and maintain them as required for each candidate.
This position is also responsible for recruiting and supporting volunteers to implement and coordinate programs as needed. This position may also be responsible for planning and implementing special programs and recruiting and instructing volunteers. This position must always maintain effective communications to ensure successful implementation of all programs or ministries.
This position supports the mission and parishioners of this Catholic parish and exists to help fulfill the evangelical/educational mission of Christ’s Church as defined by the mission of the Diocese of Duluth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicate effectively regularly with pastor, deacons, staff, parishioners, and volunteers.
2. Maintain current and accurate records for programs and ministries.
3. Recruit Catechists for each grade level
4. Offer on going catechist support and training
5. Obtain baptismal information for all students in Sacramental years
6. Organize parent meetings and faith formation sessions as necessary
7. Manage and complete multiple tasks accurately and by deadlines.
8. Plan and organize the celebration of First Penance and First Communion with the pastor.
9. Administrate Confirmation requirements.
10. Develop relationships with parishioners and businesses providing programs.
11. Evaluates educational and spiritual needs of parishioners and selects materials.
12. Provide informational materials and signup forms for all programs and ministries.
13. Organize, schedule, plan and manage RCIA program for those considering joining Catholic Church and maintain communications, records, and forms.
14. Plan, oversee and coordinate summer catechesis (e.g. Totus Tuus, Youth Camps, Mission Trip and Liturgical Formation day)
15. Compose bulletin and social media articles about Parish Faith Formation programs and ministries.
16. Attend Diocesan religious education and/or youth ministry meetings with pastor’s approval.
Maintain a current level of knowledge and skills required to effectively serve in this position. Must be able to follow the guidance and direction of the pastor to carry out the vision and mission of our parish. Must model high moral and ethical standards essential to the parish and the Catholic faith.
Not responsible for any immediate supervision of employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. College degree in Religious Education or Youth Ministry preferred
3. One-year experience in a Religious Education or Youth Ministry program preferred.
1. Must possess exceptional interpersonal, communication, verbal, and written language skills.
1. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
2. Collaborative/friendly work style with ability to project professionalism and sincerity.
3. Member of the Catholic Church in good standing, actively living the faith, with ability to express personal knowledge of the Catholic Faith and commitment to Catholic ideals.
4. Possess excellent organizational skills, capable of multi-tasking.
5. Work effectively independently and as member of a team.
6. Proficient with computer technology such as navigating the internet, keyboarding, and using Microsoft Office (WORD).
7. Punctual and reliable.
8. Successfully pass a criminal background check.
Valid Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to feel objects with tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally life and/or move objects up to 20-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The environment is a traditional church and office setting with individual work spaces and equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate noise levels in the work environment. Some travel is required. Occasional weekend and evening work is required.
As a parish, we are committed to working together to make Jesus Christ known, loved and served in our families, throughout the Hibbing community and in the world. We are also committed to live as the Lord taught, drawing inspiration from the scriptures and strength from the sacraments, especially the Eucharist. Our parish strives to nurture spiritual growth, share the gifts God has given us, and invite others into a relationship with Christ.
We are One Body, One Spirit in Christ.
Email resume to email@example.com