You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
We've raised 47% of ourGoal of $500,000!
Help us lead more teens to Christ! We've raised 47% of our Goal of 500,000!Donate Now
Summit reflection video on the 3rd Sunday of Advent with Rachel Penate.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This world does not make it easy to be a good man. What we need are good brothers to help us along the way. Men we can learn from and grow with. Men who’ve struggled and men who’ve surrendered to the Holy Spirit working in their lives. Join us at Camp Hidden Lake for an incredible retreat experience.
Life Teen Women's Retreats are an incredible opportunity for women from all walks of life to come together for an inspiring, refreshing weekend retreat. Come grow in prayer and sisterhood at either Camp Covecrest in the mountains of Georgia, or the beautiful St. Louis, MO. Registration is now open!
Awaken Hope: Reflections on the Season of Advent gives you a reason to pause and take a step back during this busy time of year, to shift your focus from material to spiritual preparation. With reflections for each day of the Advent season, this companion is the perfect way to prepare for Christmas and get the most out of this wonderful time of year.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: Camdem, SC
Our Lady of Perpetual Help is seeking a dynamic disciple of Christ to serve as a Director of Youth Ministry. Candidates should be passionate about leading teens to Jesus Christ, be able to relate to the youth, and to create an environment where the teens feel welcome. The Director of Youth Ministry will respond to the Pastor and administratively to the Office Manager. This position has the possibility of increased responsibility and hours up to full-time position depending on qualifications (i.e. Hispanic ministry). This position is 30 hours.
Duties and responsibilities
• Plan and run weekly High School youth nights with the help of Core Team volunteers
• Plan and run a Middle School youth nights (currently twice a month)
• Organize trips to conferences, retreats, mission camps, and other activities.
• Organize an annual retreat for High School and one for Middle School Students.
• Recruit, train, and manage a team of volunteers who share in ministering to the youth
• Maintain proper communication with youth and parents
• Advertise events through the various means of communication (bulletin, parish website, social media, etc.)
• A practicing Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church and her teachings, and with well-developed knowledge of Scripture, the Catechism, and Church documents;
• Undergraduate degree, or certification in Youth Ministry, Theology (Catholic), or related experience (Preferred)
• Some experience teaching the faith to youth, parents, and their families (salary commensurate with experience);
• At least (1) year of verifiable experience in youth ministry whether paid or as a volunteer;
Skills and Abilities
• Must possess a deep sense of mission work and outreach in the Church, especially with youth;
• Computer skills to communicate with youth and parents via email, Facebook/Instagram, text, and telephone;
• Ability to work with adults and youth to plan, organize, and execute meetings and events
• Bilingual is not required but highly preferred (Spanish-English);
• Must pass the Safe Haven certification and background checks.
OLPH is a small, growing parish with 600+ families about 40 minutes from Downtown Columbia.
Youth Ministry Mission Statement
“The mission of the youth ministry of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church is to inspire youth to become “SAINTs”:
“to Serve all of our brothers and sisters;
to Accept everyone as they are;
to ignite a passion for the LORD;
to Nourish our souls through the Sacraments; and
to Trust Jesus above everything.”
Send an email to AskFatherJohn@aol.com to apply and for any questions and concerns.