You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video for the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord with Joel Stepanek
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
Job Type: Part-Time Position
Location: Asheville, NC
St. Eugene Catholic Church in Asheville, NC is searching for a part time Director of Music beginning February 1, 2020. We are a medium sized parish with a rich musical tradition in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. Duties include but not limited to:
• Planning, coordinating, and executing the music ministry for all the liturgical celebrations of the parish
• Three weekend Masses, Holy days, weddings and funerals, weekly choir rehearsal
• Collaborating with Spanish choir and coordinating bilingual services
• Scheduling and training cantors
Required Qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music with or equivalent experience
• Choral conducting and vocal coaching experience
• Understanding of Catholic liturgy and liturgical music
• Fluent keyboarding skills (organist on staff)
• Good communication and teaching skills
• Spiritual and personal maturity
Desired but not required:
• Some basic experience with Spanish language and culture
• Knowledge in the use of musical instruments in a liturgical setting
• Experience integrating youth groups into special celebrations
This is an 25-30 hour per week position offering a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interview and audition will be required. Those interested should send a current resumé to: Fr Pat Cahill at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call (828) 254-5193 for more information.
Our Mission Statement:
As Catholic Christians, we come together to form an intergenerational parish community that is diverse, hospitable and inclusive; assumes its baptismal call to ministry and service within the parish and beyond its boundaries; values music, art and education; embraces Christ’s teachings of peace, faith, hope and love; respects the Eucharist as the source and summit of parish life.